home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Crawly Crypt Collection 2 / crawlyvol2.bin / apps / bbs / list_233 / lister.txt < prev    next >
Text File  |  1994-04-15  |  27KB  |  597 lines

3.                                BBS LiSTer V2.00
  5.             An Allfiles list creator for QuickBBS and ProBBS SysOps
  9.                     Copyright © 1993/94 by Robert Darling.
  13.      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  14.      This program is released into the Public Domain with no  guarantees.
  15.      You use this program at your own risk and I accept no  responsibilty 
  16.      for any damage that may be caused by use or mis-use of this program.
  17.      The source code remains my copyright.
  18.      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  25.      In this archive you should find the following files:
  27.      BEST_BBS.TXT   - A text file about my BBS! *8)
  28.      LISTER.PRG     - The program!
  29.      LISTER.CTL     - An example control file.
  30.      SEARCH.CTL     - An example search list control file.
  31.      LISTER.TXT     - This text file describing LiSTer.
  32.      UPDT_xxx.TXT   - Details of the latest additions.
  34.      =====================================================================
  35.      Please refer to  the example control  files for use  of  commands and
  36.      switches that are described in this text file.
  37.      =====================================================================
  39.      Welcome to yet another ALLFILES creation program! I designed this one 
  40.      for myself as I found all the others far too slow.   Seeing as it has 
  41.      served me well I thought I would let it loose on you other SysOps!  I 
  42.      would  like to hear your opinions if you choose to use  this  program 
  43.      instead of one of the many others available - I am interested in  why 
  44.      YOU like it.  Also,  any suggestions are most welcome,  and if it's a 
  45.      good one and I can incorporate it then I will. *8)
  47.      Right,  enough  waffle from me.  Let's get on with the  explanations. 
  48.      Firstly,  it  will  require a control file to allow it  to  work.  An 
  49.      example  is  included  in the archive.  It  also  requires  a  search      
  50.      control file to tell LiSTer where to look for your files. I chose not      
  51.      to  use  the  FLSEARCH.CTL file so  that   problems   with   security      
  52.      ratings  are avoided.  It also allows you to add paths that  are  not      
  53.      available on your BBS!  So, what are all the commands, and how do you      
  54.      use them? Simple.....
  56.      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  58.      ALLNAME   < Name of Allfiles list >
  59.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  60.      Enter the name you wish your allfiles lists to be called.  You may add 
  61.      an  extender,  a  .TXT  extender is automatically  added  if  none  is 
  62.      included.
  64.      NEWNAME   < Name of Newfiles list >
  65.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  66.      As above, only the name you wish your newfiles list to be known by. 
  68.      LATEST    < Number >
  69.      """"""""""""""""""""
  70.      The number of days to count new files for.  This also switches on the 
  71.      newfiles  list  generator.  Without  it the newfiles  list  won't  be 
  72.      created.
  74.      KEEPLIST
  75.      """"""""
  76.      Instructs LiSTer to keep the ascii versions of the allfiles listings.
  78.      KEEPPATH  < Drive > < Pathname >
  79.      """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  80.      Shows the path and directory where your allfiles listings are kept.
  82.      PROBBS
  83.      """"""
  84.      Use this switch if you are running ProBBS software.
  86.      INCDATE
  87.      """""""
  88.      This switches on the file date indication in the allfiles listings.
  90.      INCSIZE
  91.      """""""
  92.      This switches on the file size indication in the allfiles listings.
  94.      INCSTAT
  95.      """""""
  96.      This switches on the statistics indications, such as number of files, 
  97.      total files, etc.
  99.      MISSING-INFO
  100.      """"""""""""
  101.      This allows an extra line to be added to the statistics shown at  the 
  102.      foot of your Allfiles listing. This will inform you of how many files 
  103.      have no descriptions available.
  105.      SHOWMEM
  106.      """""""
  107.      This  simply  allows you to see the memory remaining  on  your  system 
  108.      while LiSTer carries out it's job.
  110.      TOPTEN    < brackets >
  111.      """"""""""""""""""""""
  112.      This will append a list of the top ten most downloaded files from your 
  113.      system with the statistics at the foot of your main allfiles list. The 
  114.      brackets  that your download count is enclosed by must be  shown,  and 
  115.      there  must  be no space between them.  This command also  acts  as  a 
  116.      switch in the group definitions,  see below. ProBBS users must use the 
  117.      brackets  too!  For  ProBBS users the brackets are inserted  into  the 
  118.      resulting  lists with the download count obtained from your  FILES.DAT 
  119.      files.  If  there are brackets in your actual file descriptions  after 
  120.      conversion from FILES.BBS files then these will be ignored.
  122.      LISTTOP   < $number >
  123.      """""""""""""""""""""
  124.      Insert  your chosen number directly after the $ symbol.  This  may  be 
  125.      inserted  in both the main control file area,  or within one  or  more 
  126.      group definitions.  This keyword is only necessary if you wish to have 
  127.      more than ten files in your Top Ten list,  i.e. you can now have a top 
  128.      15 instead! Maximum is 50. Default is 10.
  130.      TOPTITLE  < text >
  131.      """"""""""""""""""
  132.      Allows you to enter a title for your Top Ten lists. If this isn't used 
  133.      then LiSTer will insert it's own title.  You are limited to a  maximum 
  134.      of  74  characters,  if you use more than this then the line  will  be 
  135.      truncated.
  137.      WRITE TOPTEN   < drive > < path >
  138.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  139.      Do not add a filename. LiSTer will produce these for you. For the main 
  140.      top  ten listing it will output a file called TOP_n.TXT where  'n'  is 
  141.      replaced by the number of files in your listing,  as set by the  above 
  142.      command.  The  group lists will be given the name  TOP_n_g.TXT  where, 
  143.      once again, 'n' represents the number of files, and 'g' represents the 
  144.      group  letter.  Be careful if you are mixing lowercase  and  uppercase 
  145.      letters for your groups - the filenames can only be given an uppercase 
  146.      letter!!!
  148.      FOURTOPS
  149.      """"""""
  150.      If you include this switch,  in addition to the WRITE TOPTEN  command, 
  151.      of course,  then four types of charts are produced,  ASC,VTM, VTC, and 
  152.      ANS.  Without  it only the ASC version will be written.  For  QuickBBS 
  153.      SysOps  it is a simple thing to have these files written to your  TEXT 
  154.      folder,  and use menu option 45 to display them. I don't know what you 
  155.      do on ProBBS systems!
  157.      OMIT and ENDOMIT
  158.      """"""""""""""""
  159.      To  make the Top Ten list(s) a bit better you also have the option  to 
  160.      not  include any filenames that you do not wish to appear in your  Top 
  161.      Ten listing,  such as your ALLFILES.LZH file, etc. To do this, put the 
  162.      filenames between the lines OMIT and ENDOMIT. Each filename must be on 
  163.      a seperate line. For example,
  165.      OMIT
  166.      ALLFILES.LZH
  167.      ALLFILES.TXT
  168.      NEWFILES.LZH
  169.      ENDOMIT
  171.      These  three  filenames will not appear in any of the Top  Ten  lists. 
  172.      This  need only be included in the main body of the control  file,  it 
  173.      will apply to all lists produced.
  175.      FIXDATE
  176.      """""""
  177.      Some files seem to get peculiar dates sometimes, for instance, if you 
  178.      ZIP up a file when you have not set your clock! LiSTer will alter the 
  179.      date  in  your lists to the current date if it comes  across  one  of 
  180.      these dates.  However,  LiSTer will not alter the actual file's  date 
  181.      unless you include this switch.
  183.      USE GROUPS ONLY
  184.      """""""""""""""
  185.      This  switch will allow LiSTer to only use group  settings,  and  not 
  186.      create the main allfiles and/or newfiles listings.  Note that it must 
  187.      be  typed  exactly as shown,  including the  spaces.  See  later  for 
  188.      description of groups.
  190.      AREAS     < Number >
  191.      """"""""""""""""""""
  192.      This  command  should not really be necessary but it may  be  useful. 
  193.      LiSTer  can only read so many file areas,  it defaults to  250.  This 
  194.      should  be more than enough for most people.  However,  I  know  that 
  195.      there is a least one SysOp out there who probably has more areas than 
  196.      this so by using this command you can raise the number of file  areas 
  197.      accordingly.  Just make it any figure,  so long as it is larger  than 
  198.      the number of file areas that you have!
  200.      LOGFILE   < Drive > < Path >
  201.      """"""""""""""""""""""""""""
  202.      The drive + path are optional parameters.  With no parameters LOGFILE 
  203.      just acts as a switch and will write a log file to the directory that 
  204.      LiSTer is run from. The log file will be written to if LiSTer finds a 
  205.      file  without a description for any reason.  It is quite handy as  it 
  206.      reports  the path and file name so you should be able to  locate  the 
  207.      problem area fairly quickly.  It is also used to report errors to  if 
  208.      they  should  occur.  DO  NOT  ADD A FILENAME -  it  will  be  called 
  209.      LISTER.LOG!
  211.      HEADER    < Drive > < Path > < Filename >
  212.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  213.      This points to a text file to use as a header, such as an about file, 
  214.      or welcome screen from your BBS.
  216.      NEWHEADER < Drive > < Path > < Filename >
  217.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  218.      This  points to an alternative text file for your newfiles  list.  If 
  219.      not used then the main header text file will be used instead.
  221.      MAGIC     < Drive > < Path > < Filename >
  222.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  223.      I included this command so that an additional text file may be  added 
  224.      directly after the header.  The reason I chose this name???  Well,  I 
  225.      use MUPDATE to compile my list of magic filenames,  etc. so I include 
  226.      the list of MAGIC names that it creates in my allfiles  listing.  You 
  227.      can  actually point it to any other ascii text file that you wish  to 
  228.      include.
  230.      FOOTER    < Drive > < Path > < Filename >
  231.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  232.      This points to a text file to use as a footer which will be  appended 
  233.      to your lists.  Use it to write disclaimers,  extra info.  about your 
  234.      BBS, etc.
  236.      LZHLIST
  237.      """""""
  238.      Instructs LiSTer to LZH the allfiles listings.
  240.      ARCLIST
  241.      """""""
  242.      Instructs LiSTer to ARC the allfiles listings.
  244.      ZIPLIST
  245.      """""""
  246.      Instructs LiSTer to ZIP the allfiles listings.
  248.      PACKARC   < Drive > < Path > < Filename >
  249.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  250.      This  points to the directory containing your  ARC.TTP  program.  You 
  251.      need to define the full path and filename.
  253.      PACKLZH   < Drive > < Path > < Filename >
  254.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  255.      This points to the directory containing your LHARC.TTP  program.  You 
  256.      need to define the full path and filename.
  258.      PACKZIP   < Drive > < Path > < Filename >
  259.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  260.      This  points to the directory containing your  ZIP.TTP  program.  You 
  261.      need to define the full path and filename.
  264.                             Using Groups in LiSTer.
  265.                             """""""""""""""""""""""
  267.      OK,  LiSTer  is pretty powerful!  It may use groups to allow  several 
  268.      lists  to  be created with just one program run.  This  makes  LiSTer 
  269.      extremely  useful  to  those SysOps who create  different  lists  for 
  270.      different  levels of users,  mainly those who are running in  one  or 
  271.      more  of the various mail networks.  To make use of this feature  you 
  272.      MUST  run  LiSTer on a drive with enough space to contain  the  ascii 
  273.      versions  of  all the lists that it is to produce.  LiSTer  does  not 
  274.      check  the drive space before writing files,  it would slow  it  down 
  275.      dramatically. However, should you run out of disk space LiSTer should 
  276.      not  just lock up your computer,  it should exit with  an  errorlevel 
  277.      associated with the actual error. This will leave your BBS running if 
  278.      LiSTer  is run from a batch file - it just means that  your  Allfiles 
  279.      lists will not be updated!
  281.      OK,  the  following commands are those that you can use  for  groups. 
  282.      They must be placed between a heading of 'Group x' where x represents 
  283.      the  letter associated with the group,  and the  word  GroupEnd.  The 
  284.      letter associated with the group is case dependant so beware.  I have 
  285.      only  catered for a maximum of 26 groups so you can create up  to  27 
  286.      allfiles and 27 newfiles lists.  I can't see anyone ever needing more 
  287.      than this, but I can soon increase it! ;-)
  289.      Here is a list of commands then:
  291.      Group x
  292.      ALLNAME
  293.      NEWNAME
  294.      KEEPPATH
  295.      KEEPLIST
  296.      TOPTEN
  297.      LISTTOP
  298.      TOPTITLE
  299.      WRITE TOPTEN
  300.      ARCLIST
  301.      LZHLIST
  302.      ZIPLIST
  303.      HEADER
  304.      NEWHEADER
  305.      MAGIC
  306.      GroupEnd
  308.      OK,  that's  it.  Note that each group is treated seperately,  and  is 
  309.      independant  of the main allfiles listing.  All commands are  used  in 
  310.      exactly the same way as described above, except TOPTEN. This is just a 
  311.      switch,  there is no need to define the brackets again, this must have 
  312.      been  done in the main body of the control file.  You must define  the 
  313.      header,  newheader, and magic associated with group lists or they will 
  314.      be produced without any.  The archiver can be different in any  group, 
  315.      and you may use one,  two,  three, or none of the archiver methods for 
  316.      each.  The  general  switches in the control file will apply  to  each 
  317.      group,  e.g.  'LATEST    30'  will mean that all newfiles  lists  will 
  318.      include  files that have appeared at your system in the last 30  days. 
  319.      The  footer text,  if defined,  will be included at the foot of  every 
  320.      list, I didn't see any point in making that one different too!
  322.      The group(s) need to be included in your search.ctl file.  To do this 
  323.      just add a % with your group letter(s) listed immediately behind it.
  325.      e.g. D:\QBBS\UTILS\      %AB
  327.      If  an area does not contain a group letter then the only  file  this 
  328.      area will appear in is the main allfiles and newfiles listing. So, if 
  329.      you want to create protected,  known,  and general allfiles  listings 
  330.      then make the main listings the protected, and assign groups to those 
  331.      that you wish included in the other lists.
  333.      A word to ProBBS users.
  334.      """""""""""""""""""""""
  335.      The  search.ctl  file  provides the paths to  where  your  files  are 
  336.      stored.  However,  you do not include headers for these file areas in 
  337.      your  FILES.DAT files so a couple of extra bits have been  programmed 
  338.      in for you. A line may look something like the following:
  340.      D:\UTILS\  {D:\PROBBS\UTILS}  [Atari ST Utilities]  %KO
  342.      The first part is the path to your file storage area. The second part 
  343.      allows you to define a seperate path to the FILES.DAT file,  just  in 
  344.      case you are using a CD Rom drive (lucky you!).  The third part  will 
  345.      cause  a  nice title to appear at the head of each  file  list.   And 
  346.      lastly,  the group(s) definition as described above.  The use of  the 
  347.      square and curly brackets is a must if you need to define  these.  If 
  348.      you  do  not  include a title for your file areas  then  LiSTer  will 
  349.      kindly do so for you.
  351.      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  353.      OK, that's about it. But, before you run it, a little  note on how it 
  354.      reads  the  FILES.BBS files.   All lines are read in until  an  empty 
  355.      line  is  encountered,  or a filename is  found.  LiSTer  makes  it's 
  356.      decision as to whether it is a filename or not by looking to see if a 
  357.      '.'  appears  in  the first 9 characters.  Bear  this  in  mind  when 
  358.      entering your titles!  An empty line must not even contain a   space. 
  359.      This  allows you to have as much space as you want before the  actual 
  360.      files are listed to draw up your titles. These titles are included in 
  361.      your allfiles listings.  Please be careful! If you have an empty line 
  362.      between,  say,  two lines of the title then put a space in it!!!  The 
  363.      easiest  way to ensure it is correct is to leave just one empty  line 
  364.      immediately preceding the first of the filenames.  Any lines above it 
  365.      must have at least one space on them.  One more thing - the filenames 
  366.      FILES.BBS, FILES.BAK, and FILES.DAT will be omitted from the lists. I 
  367.      hate seeing them in my lists! ;-)
  369.      Well, I hope this is clear to you! *8)
  371.      That's it.  Have fun,  and don't forget to tell me what you think  of 
  372.      it.
  374.      All the beST,  Robert.
  377.      Contact numbers:
  378.      """"""""""""""""
  379.      FolkeSTone QBBS - +44-(0)303-249306
  381.      NeST            - 90:104/0
  382.                      - 90:104/100
  383.      AtariNet        - 51:504/0
  384.                      - 51:504/1
  385.      TurboNet        - 100:107/6
  386.      FishNet         - 777:300/2
  387.      Email           - Robert_Darling@standard.embassy.com
  389.      A Miracom Dual Standard Plus allows connections at up to 14,400 baud, 
  390.      24 hours a day.
  392.      LiSTer history.
  393.      """""""""""""""
  395.      20-06-93 - V1.0 released.
  396.      """""""""""""""""""""""""
  398.      22-06-93 - V1.1 released.
  399.      """""""""""""""""""""""""
  400.      One  major  bug  fixed.  If a file area with  no  files  (other  than 
  401.      FILES.BBS) was encountered then LiSTer would crash.
  403.      Also, a couple of minor bug fixes, mainly cosmetic. No files escape a      
  404.      description of some sort now! *8)
  406.      18-10-93 - V1.2 released.
  407.      """""""""""""""""""""""""
  408.      Just a cosmetic change.  The date format is now displayed in DD/MM/YY 
  409.      format.  This is so that I could add an asterisk after a date to show 
  410.      new files on the BBS in the last 'xx' days (set by the command LATEST 
  411.      in the control file).
  413.      1.12.93 - V1.30 released.
  414.      """""""""""""""""""""""""
  415.      Had a call from Mark Butler saying that LiSTer stopped working before 
  416.      it  came  to the end of his file areas.  It turned out  that  he  had 
  417.      around 237 file areas!!!!!  I had geared up LiSTer with 100  maximum, 
  418.      more than enough for most people - I thought.  Default is now 250 but 
  419.      this  can be changed.  I have also added a few more options and  even 
  420.      managed to speed it up in the process. *8)
  422.      Added the following:
  424.      AREAS   x
  425.      FOOTER  <path + filename>
  426.      LOGFILE <path>
  427.      MISSING-INFO
  428.      NEWHEADER   <path + filename>
  430.      7.12.1993 - V1.31 released.
  431.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  432.      LiSTer  may  now be started with parameters passed from  the  command 
  433.      line. Format is:
  435.      LISTER.PRG  -cCONTROL2.CTL -sSEARCH2.CTL
  437.      where  CONTROL2.CTL  is the name of the alternative contol  file  you 
  438.      wish  to use,  and SEARCH2.CTL is the name of the alternative  search 
  439.      control file you wish to use. Both parameters * MUST * be passed.
  441.      10.12.1993 - V1.32 released.
  442.      """"""""""""""""""""""""""""
  443.      Mark  Butler  called me again - "Can I have LiSTer  create  just  the 
  444.      ALLFILES list but not the NEWFILES one?".  Of course you.... erm....! 
  445.      ;-)
  447.      Well,  now you can!  Just omit the statement NEWNAME and that's  what 
  448.      you will get - no NEWFILES list. *8)
  450.      However,  you  can still use the command latest so that new files  in 
  451.      the last 'x' days will be marked with a '*' in the Allfiles list.
  453.      While  I  was  in the source code I decided  to  do  something  about 
  454.      removing the '*' from the NEWFILES listing - it bugged me!  They were 
  455.      all new, that was the idea of creating it. So now it's gone. *8)
  457.      Also  fixed the formatting of lines as any line that  didn't  include 
  458.      date AND / OR file size were not done correctly.
  460.      12.12.1993 - V1.33 released.
  461.      """"""""""""""""""""""""""""
  462.      Thanks  to Mark Taylor I managed to find another bug.  It would  only 
  463.      appear if the logfile option was set.  If a missing file was found it 
  464.      would  be  reported  and then no more files for that  area  would  be 
  465.      reported! Hopefully fixed now.
  467.      15.12.1993 - V1.34 released.
  468.      """"""""""""""""""""""""""""
  469.      Mark  Butler  phoned me and mentioned that all the log  entries  were 
  470.      terminated with CRs but no line feeds were issued. Due to the various 
  471.      different  ways that the text file could be viewed it was awkward  to 
  472.      output a line that would look right in every situation. However (!) I 
  473.      have altered the way in which I log entries so hopefully that is  now 
  474.      fixed.
  476.      I also discovered that if the log file was activated but nothing  was 
  477.      recorded a logfile of 0 bytes would be created. Fixed.
  479.      6.1.1994 - V1.35 released.
  480.      """"""""""""""""""""""""""
  481.      Received  a netmail from Karl Foley saying that the NEWHEADER  option 
  482.      didn't appear  to be working.   Then found that I had lost my  source 
  483.      code to  v1.34 which didn't help matters.   However,  I have  brought 
  484.      the  source code back up to  date (not too difficult as I  remembered 
  485.      the  changes  from  reading this text file).  I also  found  the  bug 
  486.      causing the above command not to work - I forgot to set the  required 
  487.      switch, oops! Thanks Karl...
  489.      12.1.1994 - V1.36 released.
  490.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  491.      Daron Brewood pointed out that LiSTer did not like file sizes greater 
  492.      than 999999 bytes! Oops - hopefully fixed now. *8)
  494.      16.1.1994 - V1.37 released.
  495.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  496.      Oops!  I buggered up the output of the newfiles list after making the 
  497.      adjustment to the file size reporting! Now fixed.
  499.      01.2.1994 - V1.38 released.
  500.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  501.      Incorporated  ProBBS compatibility.
  503.      23.2.1994 - V1.39 released.
  504.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  505.      Corrected bug that made list look ugly when reading from desktop!  It 
  506.      looked  fine using any of the text file viewers that  are  available. 
  507.      (  Thanks  Mark Taylor - I didn't forget!  *8) ) One  minor  cosmetic 
  508.      change - the title screen doesn't scroll off the screen now. *8)
  510.      26.2.1994 V1.40 released.
  511.      """""""""""""""""""""""""
  512.      My  thanks  go  to  John Carolin who  kindly  provided  me  with  the 
  513.      information  about  the  FILES.DAT  structure  for  ProBBS,  and  the 
  514.      permission  to  release LiSTer with ProBBS  compatibility.  With  his 
  515.      information I added the following feature:
  517.      ProBBS  allows the FILES.DAT file to be kept seperate from  the  main 
  518.      files  area so that it will be compatible with CD-ROM drives  in  the 
  519.      future.  To allow this feature to be incorporated into LiSTer I  have 
  520.      altered the search.ctl file. This only applies to ProBBS and will not 
  521.      affect QuickBBS systems.
  523.      Finally,  for this release,  I added the FIXDATE function. (Thanks to 
  524.      Mark Taylor for the idea.)
  526.      28.2.1994 - V1.41 released.
  527.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  528.      Oh  dear!  Found  a bug with the Fixdate routine.  It would  only  be 
  529.      noticeable  with  the  FIXDATE switch  on.  Amazing  how  one  simple 
  530.      spelling mistake can cause the machine to bomb!
  532.      12.3.1994 - V1.42 released.
  533.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  534.      Mark Butler reported a strange fault.  LiSTer would crash when he was 
  535.      running  seperate control files from the commandline,  but it  didn't 
  536.      seem  that we could find anything wrong.  We eventually traced it  to 
  537.      missing file descriptions. When LiSTer found a description missing it 
  538.      would try to open the logfile to report it.  However,  if the LOGFILE 
  539.      command  wasn't in the control file then it didn't know the  name  of 
  540.      the file to open!! Whoops, fixed now!
  542.      19.3.1994 - V1.50 released.
  543.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  544.      Finally got around to incorporating group control. Also included some 
  545.      error  trapping.  Just to complete the package I even managed to  get 
  546.      around to updating the main docs. *8)
  548.      21.3.1994 - V1.51 released.
  549.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  550.      Fixed the group Headers / Newheaders bug. Only one was ever read!
  552.      23.3.1994 - V1.60 released.
  553.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  554.      Altered the method by which I read the title of an  area.  Previously, 
  555.      if  it  was contained on one line only then it would  not  be  written 
  556.      correctly. Also added a new TOPTEN command, now the allfiles lists can 
  557.      display  a  list  of the ten most popular files  in  that  list.  And, 
  558.      finally, included the biggest / smallest file statistics for each list 
  559.      produced.
  561.      26.3.1994 - V1.70 released.
  562.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  563.      Fixed a couple more bugs, and added a couple more new features.
  565.      31.3.1994 - V1.80 released.
  566.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  567.      Fixed a couple more bugs! Added some more new commands!
  569.      3.4.1994 - V1.90 released.
  570.      """"""""""""""""""""""""""
  571.      Hopefully the final version! I released the last version with a couple 
  572.      of  bugs that I'd forgotten to remove after testing  things  out.  You 
  573.      probably won't have noticed them anyway. I have also fixed a few other 
  574.      bugs that were reported to me by Mark Williams, thanks Mark. *8)
  576.      Only  one extra switch added,  it was really only disigned for  me  to 
  577.      keep an eye on things but I thought I'd leave it in anyway.
  579.      I've  now updated this text file so it should include coverage of  all 
  580.      the options open to you with LiSTer.  It is a pretty flexible program, 
  581.      the  one that I consider the best available for it's purpose.  I  just 
  582.      hope you agree.
  584.      15.4.1994 - V2.00 released.
  585.      """""""""""""""""""""""""""
  586.      This  IS the final version of LiSTer.  There is a couple of minor  bug 
  587.      fixes and just one addition,  requested by David Malins.  You may  now 
  588.      create your own titles for your Top Ten charts. See main text.
  590.      I'd just like to say thanks to the following people,  who have  tested 
  591.      and are using LiSTer,
  593.      Mark Taylor,  Daron Brewood,  Karl Foley,  Simon Gardner, John Curtis, 
  594.      Mark  Williams,  Dave Houldey,  and David Malins.  If  I've  forgotten 
  595.      anyone, sorry!