home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Crawly Crypt Collection 2 / crawlyvol2.bin / apps / bbs / af112bin / af_hist.asc next >
Text File  |  1994-10-09  |  53KB  |  974 lines

1.  //// /   / /////  ////  ////  ////  //// /////  ////
  2. /   / /   /   /   /   / / / / /   / /       /   / Software -- AutoFile History
  3. ///// /   /   /   /   / / / / ///// / ///   /   / Copyright 1992, 1993, 1994
  4. /   / /   /   /   /   / /   / /   / /   /   /   /
  5. /   / ////    /   ////  /   / /   / ////  ///// /////
  7. Development team: Don Crano [don]; Robert Darling [robert];
  8.   David John Thomas, B.Sc.(Hons) [davtom].
  10. Source code updates: Please send program updates to David; his address is given
  11.   in the source code. (You only need to send the procedures you have modified,
  12.   or patches that I can apply with GNU patch; alternatively, just send the
  13.   whole source code). Please also send short descriptions for inclusion in this
  14.   file.
  16.   If you're working on an area of code, please let us know in ?.SUP.AUTOMAGIC
  17.   what you're doing, to save duplication of effort.
  19. Ideas of possible code to be added:
  20.   o Pass through areas (Terry May)
  21.   o Prevention of file forwarding if key words contained in description (James
  22.     Partner)
  23.   o Check FIL for the file before allowing file to pass
  24.   o Inclusion of ZIC, LIC, AIC support (half done; packing them still to be
  25.     added. Don't do this as it's being done by robert)
  26.   o Use of netmails to forward files using Jetmail-specific flags (optional) --
  27.     is there a good reason for this?
  28.   o Turbo BBS: file access level to be set at file echo level (Ed Lynch) --
  29.     should be very easy to do
  31. Note for this release:
  32.   I have received Don Crano's updates. I haven't yet got permission to use
  33.   them, but once this is forthcoming, they shall be included; I would expect to
  34.   see them in the next release.
  36. +---  9 Sep 94 -- Version 1.12 - 90213 bytes
  37. | <> robert -- New feature
  38. |Users can connect or disconnect themselves from periodic reporting. They need
  39. |to specify '%REPORT ON' or '%REPORT OFF' in the body of their message.
  40. | <> robert -- Change
  41. |(noted by davtom): It used to be the case that only upper case group letters
  42. |were possible. Now, group letters of both cases are possible, meaning that a
  43. |limit of 52 groups now exists, as opposed to the previous 26.
  44. | <> robert, davtom -- New feature
  45. |Instead of just scanning the DUP file for the area a file is going into, it is
  46. |now possible to scan a new type of duplicate list file called UPPER_?.GRP or
  47. |LOWER_?.GRP (the name depends on the case of the group name, and the group
  48. |letter is substituted for the '?'). To use this feature, write 'GroupStopDup'
  49. |followed by a list of group letters to be treated as groups for duplicate
  50. |detection purposes. The first time a new file is imported into a group set,
  51. |the new file will be written; this means that the old *.DUP files relevant to
  52. |the group will be catenated into the new {UPPER,LOWER}_?.GRP file. You can
  53. |decide whether you want to leave the old DUP files in place, or have them
  54. |removed; if you want them removed, add the keyword 'GroupDupsDel.' Once the
  55. |group file exists, new filenames will be appended to it (along with the *.DUP
  56. |file if GroupDupsDel is not set).
  57. |NOTE -- this hasn't been tested! Also, the file catenation will proceed
  58. |slowly.
  59. | <> robert -- Bug
  60. |(note by davtom): If the CRC of a file was incorrect, the file was not
  61. |stopped. Fixed.
  62. | <> davtom -- Change
  63. |A new keyword, 'DupByCRC', is used if you need your DUP files to include CRC
  64. |information. When reading the DUP files, entries with and without the CRC are
  65. |scanned for, and a single DUP file can contain entries of both types.
  67. +--- 20 Aug 94 -- Version 1.11 - 86693 bytes
  68. | <> robert -- Change
  69. |As I mentioned in the notes for V1.09 I have now added a switch to the control
  70. |file to limit the size of descriptions. If you want the size limited to 236
  71. |characters then include the statement 'LIMITDESC' in your control file.
  72. |Without it a description will not be cut down in size.
  73. | <> davtom -- Change
  74. |I rewrote the copyright notices a bit, as befits the new team effort. A new
  75. |usage parameter 'autofile license' displays the names of the authors, and the
  76. |main points of the license. This also works slightly quicker than in previous
  77. |releases in that if 'autofile ?' or 'autofile license' is called, the control
  78. |file is no longer read.
  79. | <> davtom -- (Note)
  80. |Someone was having problems with a TOS cursor remaining on the desktop after
  81. |AutoFile's execution. I've tried this on my machine (TOS 1.6) and have had no
  82. |problem. However, I believe the person that had the problem was not renaming
  83. |the output code to *.TTP, and was running the program as a GEM program. For
  84. |this reason, I've left the cursor-enabling code in for this release; let us
  85. |know if you still have problems. The code for enabling the cursor is found in
  86. |the 'fin' proc.
  87. | <> robert -- Bug (various)
  88. |(noted by davtom): Code was not present to produce the base 36 ?FT files.
  89. |Added.
  90. | <> robert -- Changes
  91. |(noted by davtom): Robert's "wasted" several minutes/hours of his time so that
  92. |AutoFile runs several microseconds faster. ;-)
  94. +--- 16 Aug 94 -- Version 1.10 - 85555 bytes (Restricted Release)
  95. | <> robert -- Bug (Karl Foley)
  96. |New file reports were still showing 0 byte count against file size. Fixed.
  97. | <> robert -- Bug (Mark Taylor)
  98. |Mark brought to my attention a small problem that was never tackled. Areanames
  99. |with greater than 8 characters could not be used to create a DUP file when
  100. |using the StopDup feature. Actually, this was not true! It only applied to
  101. |areanames that included the fullstop character! I have modified the code to
  102. |allow a DUP filename for all areanames. Because of the possibility of a
  103. |duplicate name being used with the FAN filenames, I alter the name. It
  104. |comprises of the first letter of each word before a fullstop, followed by the
  105. |letters of the final word in the name. If it totals more than 8 characters
  106. |then the name is made up from the first 8 characters of this name. e.g.
  107. |FAN.UTIL.SYS will generate a filename FUSYS.DUP
  108. | <> robert -- New feature
  109. |AIC, LIC, and ZIC files are now detected in your Inbound area and will be
  110. |unpacked before TICs are processed. New Keywords required are:
  111. |  ArcArchiver    Drive:fullpath\archiver_name
  112. |  LzhArchiver    Drive:fullpath\archiver_name
  113. |  ZipArchiver    Drive:fullpath\archiver_name
  114. |e.g. ZipArchiver  E:\ARCHIVER\ZIP.TTP
  115. |No parameters need to be included, they are built in!
  117. +--- 12 Aug 94 -- Version 1.09 - 82371 bytes (Restricted Release)
  118. | -- Format of new entries in this file
  119. |Versions of AutoFile since 1.08 are distributed as a team effort. Where a
  120. |programmer has changed the program in future, their nickname is noted in the
  121. |header of the entry, like this:
  122. | <> robert -- Bug (Mark Butler)
  123. |TIC files received from PC systems using SEAL by Robert Presland may contain
  124. |multiple Desc lines. AutoFile previously only used the description found in
  125. |the last Desc line. Now copies all of the description but limits the length of
  126. |the desc line to 236 characters. This is to allow for a FILES.BBS line to
  127. |include a full filename plus a download count of up to three figures enclosed
  128. |in brackets, without extending past 255 characters total. Note: A FILES.BBS
  129. |line can actually contain more than 255 characters but most text editors
  130. |cannot read in more than 255 characters in a line. I may add a switch in the
  131. |control file so that this is switchable.
  132. | <> davtom -- (Note)
  133. |If you receive descriptions this way then currently TICs sent out from you
  134. |will contain only one long line of description! Please let us know if this
  135. |causes a problem. Would anyone like FILE_ID.DIZ support?
  137. +--- 30 Aug 94 -- Version 1.08 - 82217 bytes
  138. | -- Important Change
  139. |From this version onwards, the GNU General Public License will apply to
  140. |AutoFile. The sources are therefore distributed along with the program
  141. |itself. The AUTOFILE.GFA source code is distributed with this release.
  142. | -- Change
  143. |The CRC-16 code has been made machine code. This will help more with MakeDiff
  144. |later, when that release is out.
  146. +---  7 Jan 94 -- Version 1.07 - 86946 bytes
  147. | -- Bug
  148. |*.TIC files that were renamed to *.TXX were not later renamed to *.TOK. Fixed.
  149. | -- Bug
  150. |Only the first *.TOK file was found. Fixed.
  151. | -- Change
  152. |The key code has been changed. I will issue everyone with a new key, of the
  153. |format xxxx-yyyyyy, xxxx being letters and yyyy being the serial number; this
  154. |key will be presented in the form of a Key statement in the control file. It
  155. |will also be necessary to include your name, in the form of a Name statement
  156. |in the control file, and you must have specified this in exactly the same way
  157. |that you have requested for your key.
  158. | -- Bug (Daron Brewood)
  159. |The HATCH file was not being processed according to specifications.
  160. | -- Bug
  161. |The log was not being written. This should be fixed now.
  162. | -- Bug (Keyop Troy, John Carolin)
  163. |The number of times a file was downloaded was not being set correctly by
  164. |AutoFile. Hopefully :-) it should now work :-) hi John ;-)
  165. | -- Bug (John Carolin)
  166. |Some of the new keys didn't work properly. If you get a problem with your key,
  167. |please let me know about it and I will try to solve the problem ASAP.
  169. +---  6 Jan 94 -- Version 1.06 - 89087 bytes
  170. | -- New feature
  171. |Any file that cannot be imported due to lack of space has its corresponding
  172. |TIC file changed in extension to TOK. TOK files are not checked, since they
  173. |have already been checked once, so this speeds things up whilst allowing you
  174. |to free up more room on your download directories without having to rename
  175. |TICs to get them processed.
  176. | -- Bug (Al Petersen)
  177. |The minus sign, or hyphen (-) wasn't accepted in area names when using
  178. |AutoFile's own hatch feature. I suspect that since Al has now discovered
  179. |AutoShell, he probably won't notice this bug fix :-) Incidentally, if anyone
  180. |out there doesn't know about AutoShell, it makes a pretty good shell for
  181. |AutoFile, but sometimes features of AutoFile are missing from AutoShell.
  182. | -- Change
  183. |Logging should now work a bit better. All lines are sent to screen, and if
  184. |they are longer than 80 characters then they are split over to the next line.
  185. | -- Change
  186. |The default word recognised by AutoFile for automatic file echo attach/detach
  187. |is now FILEFIX.
  188. | -- Change
  189. |ProBBS's configuration file formats changed since the release of 1.05. The
  190. |formats are not expected to change any further before beta testing of ProBBS
  191. |begins. AutoFile has been modified to take into account of the changes, and
  192. |has been extensively tested in consultation with John Carolin (author of
  193. |ProBBS).
  194. | -- Known bugs
  195. |AutoFile has sometimes closed its log early when using the ProBBS
  196. |configuration. I'm looking into this, but can't see where the problem lies at
  197. |present. However, the program still works normally.
  198. |TOKs still seem to be completely checked, even though they have already been
  199. |checked, and I'm not sure that they are all detected at once properly. Again
  200. |this shouldn't cause too many problems.
  201. | -- Note
  202. |I couldn't release this formerly as a beta version as I would normally have
  203. |done, because I didn't have the time to do so. Development on this program
  204. |will slow for the next six months or so, since my final two terms at
  205. |University are coming up and I will not have time to continue program
  206. |development. Apologies about this, but note that development will continue as
  207. |long as there is demand for it, after my exams finish.
  209. +--- 10 Nov 93 -- Version 1.05 - 88083 bytes
  210. | -- Bug (Daron Brewood)
  211. |It was impossible to use file echoes which had areanames with numbers in.
  212. | -- Bug (several)
  213. |Registrations were not acknowledged; the program said "Unregistered" in all
  214. |netmails.
  215. | -- New feature
  216. |AutoFile is the first ProBBS-ready program to hit the streets! If you decide
  217. |to run ProBBS in the future, AutoFile will easily be tailored to suit. You
  218. |only need to insert the new config line "ProBBS <path_to_BBSINFO.DAT>" and
  219. |AutoFile will do the rest.
  220. |Please note that you cannot use this feature at the same time as TurboFIL.
  222. +---  4 Oct 93 -- Version 1.04 - 87264 bytes
  223. |This release needs ALL keys issued with serial numbers from 1000 onwards to be
  224. |updated. Please do not install this version of AutoFile if you have not
  225. |received an updated key, but instead, contact the support board.
  226. | -- New feature
  227. |File echo names can now contain more than eight characters. No limit is now
  228. |applied. However, any echo names that contain more than eight characters may
  229. |cause problems with some other TIC file processors, so the use of such names
  230. |is NOT recommended. If you are using echo names with more than eight
  231. |characters then the StopDup feature will not function for those areas. I need
  232. |to get this release out, and haven't time to get it working for long area
  233. |names.
  234. | -- New feature (Daron Brewood)
  235. |It is now possible to quit the program without sending a file through file
  236. |echoes when the SEND option is used.
  238. +--- 16 Aug 93 -- Version 1.03beta (Restricted Release)
  239. | -- New feature
  240. |AutoFile now supports automatic use of magic names for BinkleyTerm users.
  241. |There are a few new keywords to supoprt the feature:
  242. |Okfile <filename> [<password>], where <filename> is the path and name to your
  243. |Binkley-compatible Okfile, and <password> is an optional password to be added
  244. |to Magics written into the Okfile specified. With this, a new Okfile will be
  245. |written out including the new magic name, which will replace any existing one.
  246. |AutoMagic <magic_name>, which should be used after an AutoSend line, and will
  247. |specify a magic name for files automatically sent.
  248. |The HATCH file specification now includes a new optional fourth entry, namely
  249. |the magic name. It may be included or not, but do not forget that all HATCH
  250. |file specifications should end with the string --- on an otherwise empty line.
  251. |When locally hatching a file, the user will now be prompted for a magic
  252. |filename.
  253. |A keyword Magic has been introduced in the TIC file to support this feature.
  254. |Note that this could cause crashes to software that does not support it, but
  255. |such software would not be compliant to FSC-0028. This is the reason for this
  256. |release being restricted. Please let me know if any problems occur with other
  257. |people's software.
  259. +--- 17 Jul 93 -- Version 1.02beta (Restricted Release)
  260. | -- Bug (Lots of people)
  261. |Netmails were not being given the correct flags. This should now be fixed. The
  262. |flags will include Pvt, K/Snt and Local. Crash or Hold may also be present,
  263. |depending on which flags are set for the outgoing node.
  264. | -- Bug (Daron Brewood)
  265. |An attempt was made to process deleted, but not received, FileFix requests.
  266. | -- Bug (Daron Brewood)
  267. |The program terminated abnormally on discovery of a FileFix request using the
  268. |wrong password.
  269. | -- Bug (Forgotten)
  270. |FileFix requests using the wrong password were returned with the wrong address
  271. |in the "From:" field.
  272. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  273. |Default file report template was not found in some instances.
  274. | -- New feature (Terry May)
  275. |'Send /? for Help' line included in FileFix responses where help was not
  276. |originally requested.
  278. +--- 28 Jun 93 -- Version 1.01
  279. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  280. |Hatching a file into a secondary area failed to add crucial details to the TIC
  281. |and FLO files written out. Due to this bug, version 1.0 was not supplied to
  282. |the net, hence this release is a full release rather than 1.0. Apologies to
  283. |the few that did actually obtain 1.0 from me.
  284. | -- Bug
  285. |Reporting the size of a hatched file failed; the file size was written in as
  286. |0.
  287. | -- New feature
  288. |FileFix checking speed has been considerably increased, to the point where an
  289. |option to disable checking is no longer required.
  291. +--- 27 Jun 93 -- Version 1.0
  292. | -- New feature (Daron Brewood)
  293. |Reporting options for number of files and origin node number of files. The
  294. |REPORT lines of a file reporting template may contain %o, which will be
  295. |expanded to the node number of the originating node. If a file is hatched
  296. |locally, your first address in the zone given by the first address to hatch to
  297. |is used, or the default zone if no nodes are specified. The SUBJect, HEADER,
  298. |REPORT or FOOTER lines may contain %n, which will be expanded to the number of
  299. |file hatches reported in the block.
  300. |The default file reporting template now encloses the origin node number
  301. |parameter %o, but to use the number of files hatched %n you must develop your
  302. |own template.
  303. | -- Bug (Carsten Brockman)
  304. |The subject line of the netmail sent with a file still contained some of the
  305. |path to the TIC file, or in some cases just digits. This should be fixed now.
  307. +--- 20 May 93 -- Version 1.0 PR (The first Non-Beta Release)
  308. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem, Terry May)
  309. |In some instances, specifically when processing TIC files, the CRC was
  310. |calculated correctly but the program placed 0 in each outgoing TIC file.
  311. | -- Change
  312. |The logging priority of some text lines has been changed.
  313. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  314. |A GEMDOS internal error has hopefully been eradicated.
  315. | -- Bug
  316. |"Replaces" lines in TICs were never acted upon, even if "Replace-Del" was
  317. |included in the control file.
  318. | -- Bug
  319. |Small error in information output in response to "autofile ?" rectified.
  320. | -- New feature
  321. |AutoFile will now exit with errorlevels 0-3 or 99. 99 indicates "autofile ?"
  322. |was used, otherwise bit 0 indicates netmail was written, and bit 1 indicates
  323. |that echomail was written.
  325. +---  1 May 93 -- Version 0.25<beta> (Restricted Release)
  326. | -- New feature
  327. |I've added support for the environment variable MAILER. If MAILER is found in
  328. |the environment and no AUTOFILE.CTL exists in the current working directory,
  329. |AutoFile will search the directory specified by the MAILER environment
  330. |variable for AUTOFILE.CTL.
  332. +--- 22 Apr 93 -- Version 0.24<beta> (Restricted Release)
  333. | -- Bug (Me, Ben Van Bokkem)
  334. |The Size of TICked and FLEad files was reported as 0 bytes.
  335. | -- New feature
  336. |Duplicate file prevention has now been added. The syntax of the new statement,
  337. |'StopDup', is 'StopDup [<path>]' where <path> is an optional path
  338. |specification where the .DUP files will be stored. The information stored
  339. |about each file is its name and CRC-32, so files with the same name can still
  340. |be processed, as long as they are different.
  341. | -- New feature
  342. |Where secondary areas are used, there is no real need for the file to exist on
  343. |the BBS in two areas. Also there is no need for two descriptions. The file
  344. |copy to secondary areas has been discontinued.
  346. +--- 21 Apr 93 -- Version 0.23<beta> (Restricted Release)
  347. | -- Bug
  348. |If more than one report of an echoed file was required, the second and later
  349. |reports did not contain descriptions.
  350. | -- Bug
  351. |If not enough space was available to move a file, AutoFile still reported its
  352. |arrival.
  354. +--- 20 Apr 93 -- Version 0.22<beta> (Restricted Release)
  355. | -- Bug
  356. |Sometimes, 'empty' messages were written, which caused LED to assume that no
  357. |more messages were in the base, and Jetmail was exporting messages with no
  358. |From, To, Subj field, nor mail text. Hopefully no more problems should result.
  360. +--- 18 Apr 93 -- Version 0.21<beta> (Restricted Release)
  361. | -- Errata
  362. |The default filename for file reporting info is REPFILE.TPL, not REPAREA.TPL.
  363. |Sorry guys!
  364. | -- Bug
  365. |If a TIC file was not processed correctly (due to an error in the TIC), then
  366. |no other TIC files would be looked at and the program would abort with error
  367. |-25.
  368. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  369. |If, in a report, the default Report line was used then its template was not
  370. |properly terminated by a LF, so a full stop appeared before the footer.
  372. +--- 17 Apr 93 -- Version 0.20<beta> (Restricted Release)
  373. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  374. |AutoFile was detecting the presence of a file in a FIL file, but it was
  375. |proceeding to append to it anyway. Hopefully this has now been fixed.
  376. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  377. |Error -33 (File not found) appeared when trying to hatch a file.
  378. | -- Bug
  379. |When hatching a file, the report would not contain a filename.
  380. | -- Bug
  381. |When locally hatching a file, the report(s) would not be written.
  382. | -- Bug (Many)
  383. |When locally hatching a file, the description would not be appended to
  384. |FILES.BBS. Hopefully this is now fixed.
  385. | -- Bugs
  386. |Quite a few more bugs were present in the earlier releases of today, which I
  387. |don't think I need to go into. It should suffice to say that all of the bugs
  388. |I've found have been eliminated. Now it's your turn, guys :-)
  390. +--- 17 Apr 93 -- Version 0.19<beta> (Restricted Release)
  391. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem, Daron Brewood, Mark Matts)
  392. |If the AUTOFILE.CTL contained any lines with three or more parameters,
  393. |AutoFile was bombing out. This was a slight omission caused by me being
  394. |extremely tired at about 0300am :-(
  396. +--- 17 Apr 93 -- Version 0.18<beta> (Restricted Release)
  397. | -- New feature (Joerg Spilker)
  398. |You can now use Version 3 BinkleyTerm files, with Base-36 filenames. This
  399. |means that you need not specify a private net number for your points, if you
  400. |include the "Base36" keyword in AUTOFILE.CTL and use BT version 3 or higher.
  401. | -- Bug
  402. |The importing of FLE files was not reported in Rep_Area.
  403. | -- New feature (Joerg Spilker)
  404. |The syntax of RepArea keyword has changed, it is now as follows:
  405. |RepArea <echomail_area_path> <groups> [<template file>]
  406. |The groups keyword specifies which area groups are to be reported in the echo,
  407. |using the format supplied in the template file. None of the defaults have been
  408. |changed, but AutoFile will search for REPAREA.TPL rather than REPAREA.CTL if
  409. |the template file name has not been specified.
  410. |You can now have up to sixteen RepArea statements, giving AutoFile more
  411. |comprehensive file reporting options than anything else available!
  412. | -- New feature
  413. |More comprehensive checking of AUTOFILE.CTL now takes place. If you have any
  414. |lines in AUTOFILE.CTL with a lower number of parameters than is required, then
  415. |AutoFile should terminate with a list of all such errors.
  417. +--- 16 Apr 93 -- Version 0.17<beta> (Restricted Release)
  418. | -- New feature (Terry May)
  419. |AutoFile can now recognise either upper or lower case file echo names, and
  420. |the search for the file echo from the list of names is now case independent.
  421. | -- New feature
  422. |In order that AutoFile may keep within FTSC standards, file echo names can be
  423. |longer than eight characters but only the first eight characters are
  424. |significant.
  425. | -- New feature
  426. |A dramatic speed improvement now occurs when AutoFile has no TIC/FLE files to
  427. |process. Also a more logical arrangement, as follows:
  428. |If AutoFile has nothing to do (there are no TIC/FLE files waiting to be
  429. |processed, and nothing is being hatched) then there is no need at this stage
  430. |to check for FileFix messages, a normally time-consuming activity. However, if
  431. |it does have something to do, AutoFile immediately checks for any FileFix
  432. |netmails that may have come in, and processes them before sending the file(s)
  433. |through the echoes.
  434. |If you would prefer that AutoFile checks for FileFix messages anyway, include
  435. |FILEFIX on the command line. You will also have to include the name of every
  436. |other process you need completed as usual.
  437. | -- Code change
  438. |AUTOFREE is no longer a valid statement in AUTOFILE.CTL.
  439. | -- New feature
  440. |To get details of File control operation (FileFix), the user may now specify
  441. |any of the following in addition to "-I": "/I", "-?", "/?". In case anyone
  442. |wishes to use "Requestfix" support, this will be added soon, and can be
  443. |invoked by placing a / before the request filename. AutoFile itself will use
  444. |this feature to request files that are missing, if required, at a later date,
  445. |though I believe that file requests are a much better alternative for the
  446. |purpose of obtaining files from a system.
  447. | -- New feature
  448. |You may now specify more than one inbound area. All must be specified by the
  449. |"Inbound" statement, on separate lines (each line starting with "Inbound",
  450. |followed by the path). Each inbound area will be treated with equal priority.
  452. +--- 28 Mar 93 -- Version 0.16<beta> (Restricted Release)
  453. | -- New feature (Kevin Osborne)
  454. |AutoFile will now check for the existence of a file, before adding its name
  455. |into the FIL file and updating the number of files available counter. Note
  456. |that this does not yet work for standard FILES.BBS files, but this may be
  457. |added soon.
  458. | -- New feature
  459. |The "File Supply Advice" subject line of the netmail sent along with a file
  460. |has been updated to show the name of the primary file, followed by the name of
  461. |its respective TIC/FLE file, if present.
  462. | -- New feature (Joerg Spilker, amongst others)
  463. |Reporting of files received in an echomail area should now be possible, using
  464. |the following extra command for this version:
  465. |RepArea <echomail_area_PATH>
  466. |The name of the echomail area must NOT be used as the parameter; the path
  467. |should be used instead.
  468. |All areas are reported at present. You can make a new file, if you wish,
  469. |called REPFILE.CTL with the following format:
  470. |FROM <from_field>                Default: AutoFile
  471. |TO <to_field>                    Default: All
  472. |SUBJ[ECT] <subject_field>            Default: New Files
  473. |[HEADER <header_field_line>] (any number of Header lines)
  474. |Default:
  475. |  The following files have been received:
  476. |  .
  477. |[REPORT <report_field_line>] (any number of Report lines)
  478. |Default:
  479. |  %f (%e): %s bytes
  480. |    \d                                                                 \
  481. |    \d                                                                 \
  482. |  .
  483. |[FOOTER <footer_field_line>] (any number of Footer lines)
  484. |Default: none
  485. |[ORIGIN <text_to_appear_after_Origin:_>    Default: none
  486. |The report lines are expanded as follows:
  487. |%f is replaced with the filename
  488. |%e is replaced with file echo name
  489. |%s is replaced by the size of the program in bytes
  490. |%d is replaced by the complete description
  491. |\d...\ is replaced by as much description as will fit in \d...\, the program
  492. |tries to split the description up so that the line will terminate with a
  493. |space.
  494. |The report, header and footer lines are expanded as follows:
  495. |Any empty line will not be included in the echomail report. Any line whose
  496. |contents are one single point (.) will be replaced by a blank line.
  497. |The REPFILE.CTL file does not need to be used. The intention is that in future
  498. |it will be possible to have many such REPFILE.CTL's given different names.
  500. +--- 26 Feb 93 -- Version 0.15<beta>
  501. | -- Note
  502. |I know I have promised everyone that I'll have added a reporting facility for
  503. |files going through the file echoes via an echomail area for this release.
  504. |However, this will take a certain amount of time. Please accept this interim
  505. |release, which fixes various important bugs and also adds a few new features.
  506. |The following will be added for 0.16<beta> (at least):
  507. |* The echomail reporting of files facility
  508. |* The use of Base 36 filenames for BinkleyTerm-ST users (optional)
  509. | -- Bug
  510. |The wrong file number was being written to *.FIL files, this should now be
  511. |corrected. AutoFile will read and update the CONFIG.DAT file, or issue an
  512. |error report if it doesn't exist.
  513. | -- Code reduction
  514. |Since a product has been released that allows for the updating of bad TIC
  515. |files, the section of code I started writing to handle this has been deleted.
  516. | -- Update (IMPORTANT)
  517. |The commandline format has now been modified, and made more intelligible. The
  518. |following are the new commands:
  519. |? - Display this list (exclusive of others)
  520. |auto[x] - look for auto hatches [using autosend line x of control file]
  521. |filefix - look for messages to Filefix etc
  522. |hatch - look for HATCH file, and process if present
  523. |report - send out a report to all your filefixable nodes
  524. |search - search for incoming TICs/FLEs
  525. |send - hatch a file locally (exclusive of others)
  526. | -- New feature (Ed Lynch)
  527. |If you are using Turbo and you wish to specify the contents of the Uploader
  528. |field, you can now specify FilUpload <string> and the string will be used as
  529. |the text of the uploader field. Note that this is truncated if it exceeds 30
  530. |characters. The default is "AutoFile Automated Upload", as before.
  531. | -- Change
  532. |Password logging of TIC files now only occurs when running AutoFile in Debug
  533. |mode, which should aid security.
  534. |File information has now been rationalised, and the following fields of text
  535. |will be logged whether the file comes through the file network, or is locally
  536. |hatched, unless otherwise specified (note that the order of the lines is
  537. |unspecified, and also that there is no blank after the colon):
  538. |FArea:<area>
  539. |[FCRC:<hex_crc32>]
  540. |FDesc:<desc>
  541. |FFrom:<from_node_number> (not when locally hatched)
  542. |FName:<filename>
  543. |[FOrigin:<origin_node_number>]
  544. |[FRelease:<release_info>]
  545. |[FReplaces:<replace_filename>]
  546. |FSize:<dec_size_in_bytes>
  547. |(The following lines are only logged in Debug mode, and only for files passing
  548. |through a file network)
  549. |[FCreatedBy:<created_by_line>]
  550. |[FPath:<node_file_has_passed_through>]
  551. |FPw:<password>
  552. |FSeenby:<seenby_node>
  553. |These will always be in a block on their own, and will require loglevel 5 to
  554. |produce (except for those that are created in Debug mode, where Debug logging
  555. |is required).
  556. | -- Code reduction
  557. |I don't think anyone was using the Free code (which deleted files if there was
  558. |not enough free space for new ones), and certainly I never received any
  559. |feedback about this, so future versions will not contain this code. It's
  560. |inappropriate for inclusion in AutoFile anyway.
  562. +--- 16 Jan 93 -- Version 0.14<beta>
  563. | -- New feature
  564. |Replace lines can now be processed, with automatic deletion of old files to
  565. |which this file is an update. Include Replace-Del in your control file, and
  566. |any file that matches the name in any TIC file in any "Replaces" statement
  567. |will be deleted. NOTE that more than one "Replaces" statement can exist in a
  568. |TIC file, and ALSO that wildcards ARE allowed. At present, AutoFile will not
  569. |delete any occurrences in FILES.BBS of the filename.
  570. | -- New feature
  571. |I didn't like the prospect of a wildcarded Replace entry, so I've put code in
  572. |to inhibit this; I may include a control file statement to allow them in the
  573. |future, if demand exists for such a feature.
  574. | -- New logging
  575. |Seenbys will be logged if Debug is specified. This is to solve a problem that
  576. |has occurred when routing files to a specific system.
  577. | -- Bug (James Partner)
  578. |If two files come into a file echo with an attached secondary area, the second
  579. |one would not be hatched into the secondary echo if both were processed during
  580. |the same running of AutoFile. Should be fixed now.
  581. | -- Debug feature
  582. |If RenUsedTics is used in the control file, processed TIC files and FLE files
  583. |will be renamed to *.TPR and *.FPR, respectively.
  584. | -- New feature
  585. |AutoFile will now support Turbo *.FIL files. If you use these, AutoFile will
  586. |write to a *.FIL file _instead_ of a FILES.BBS file if it exists. The record
  587. |that will be placed in the corresponding FIL file will have the following
  588. |characteristics:
  589. |(a) The language field will be set to "Unknown"
  590. |(b) The percentage rating will be set to 50
  591. |(c) The file will be marked as ASCII if it has a .ASC extender, else it will
  592. |    be marked as Binary
  593. |(d) The "uploader" field will be set to "AutoFile Automated Upload"
  594. |If a corresponding *.FIL file is not found, then AutoFile will write a
  595. |FILES.BBS in the download area instead. To use this facility, use the command
  596. |"TurboFil <path_to_*.FIL_files> [<access_level>]" in AUTOFILE.CTL. The default
  597. |access level is zero.
  598. | -- Bug (this may have been reported by several)
  599. |AutoFile FileFix reports with -L and also connect/disconnect areas should
  600. |respond with an accurate list of connected echoes now, as opposed to the
  601. |previous versions which kept data in a memory cache without updating and used
  602. |this data. The cache is still there, but changing an area now correctly
  603. |flags out any entry for the cache file.
  604. | -- Bug (James Partner)
  605. |Files through 90_NEST were not being sent to 90:4/0, the reason for this was
  606. |that the checking routine found 90:104/0 when it was looking for 4/0 (this
  607. |search must be done just in case anyone runs non-zone aware software). I
  608. |thought I had accounted for this possibility, but this had not been done.
  609. |AutoFile may be a bit slower as a result, but it now checks for terminators
  610. |so 90:104/0 is replaced by <cr>90:104/0<cr> and the search is for <cr>4/0<cr>
  611. |internally.
  612. |A note about zone-awareness: It is not possible to know the zone number if it
  613. |is not specified. As a result, if an address is encountered that does not have
  614. |a specified zone number, it is assumed that the address means all zones.
  615. |Therefore, if a node 1:250/100 were to place 250/100 in a TIC file, the file
  616. |can never be sent to 2:250/100, 90:250/100, 100:250/100, etc. To counter this
  617. |problem, you are advised to use zone numbers, and future versions of AutoFile
  618. |may well require it.
  619. | -- New feature
  620. |If a netmail is written by the program (and hence the exporter should be
  621. |invoked) AutoFile will now exit with errorlevel 1, otherwise it will exit with
  622. |errorlevel 0.
  624. +--- 29 Nov 92 -- Version 0.13<beta>
  625. | -- Bug (Mark Butler)
  626. |If the Zone statement for the zone which a TIC file is to be written for is
  627. |specified, and the addresses are NOT in the same order as specified in
  628. |BINKLEY.CFG (this only applies to BinkleyTerm setups), then the following
  629. |situation could arise:
  630. |Conditions: 1) Address to send the TIC file is not of the default zone. 2) A
  631. |correct Zone statement for that zone is specified, and does not include an
  632. |extension.
  633. |Problem: AutoFile was writing the ?LO file in a directory with an added
  634. |extension, if that directory existed. If it did not exist, then the program
  635. |would abort, either with error -33 (file not found) or -34 (path not found).
  636. |What AutoFile does now is that it will only add an extension onto the zone
  637. |path if the information has come from the Hold statement, and if the Zone
  638. |statement has been used then the path will remain untouched.
  639. | -- Bug (James Partner)
  640. |Secondary Areas were simply not working. It is hoped that with this release,
  641. |the problems with secondary areas will no longer be present. Also there have
  642. |been changes to this side of the code, as follows:
  643. |AutoFile will now leave all SeenBy-lines in when it hatches a file into
  644. |another file echo because a secondary area was specified. This will cause a
  645. |reduction in file duplicates, but it must be noted that if two or more nodes
  646. |take two echoes, both of which are linked, then they must be linked at both
  647. |systems. The file is only transferred once, in the correct echo, when this is
  648. |done properly. For example, say there is a UK host for EST and a USA host for
  649. |the same, they are also connected to various ADN echoes. We will consider
  650. |ST_BINK and EST_BINK here:
  651. |           UK  Host                      USA Host
  652. | ??? <-> | ST_BINK  | <--------------> | ST_BINK  |
  653. |         | EST_BINK | <-> UK Nodes     | EST_BINK | <-> USA Nodes
  654. |It is obviously prudent to ensure that no other link between the UK and USA
  655. |for those file echoes then takes place, to avoid duplication loops, which may
  656. |occur for the same reasons as they do with echomail (with a closed polygon of
  657. |connections); and where the files are being transferred between different
  658. |networks, both the UK and the USA nodes should agree to one echo which they
  659. |can both send and receive through (e.g. the USA Host should not send to the UK
  660. |Host EST_BINK if the UK Host is sending to the USA Host ST_BINK, unless both
  661. |file echoes use the same network; it is recommended that only one echo is used
  662. |for the purpose of file transfers between the hosts, anyway). In the above
  663. |example, both hosts have ST_BINK set up with secondary echo EST_BINK, and
  664. |transfer files between each other in this network, and they also have EST_BINK
  665. |set up later on, where only nodes from their own country are linked, and no
  666. |link extends between the two hosts for EST_BINK.
  667. |Note that it is now possible to successfully specify a 'ring' of secondary
  668. |areas, so that files coming in any of the areas are hatched automatically into
  669. |all of the others. AutoFile stops itself from hatching a file in an echo twice
  670. |under these circumstances.
  671. | -- New feature
  672. |It is now possible to use "FixName <name>" and AutoFile will look for more
  673. |names in the "To" field of netmails, when searching for FileFix-style
  674. |messages. This can be used more than once if necessary. The case does not
  675. |matter. Example:
  676. |FixName Raid
  677. |FixName FileFix
  678. | -- Bug (James Partner)
  679. |When sending out to secondary areas, the primary areaname was used in all TIC
  680. |files. Now (hopefully!) fixed.
  681. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  682. |Dates in the TIC file were out by one month. Those in the Path lines were one
  683. |month higher than they should have been.
  685. +--- 14 Nov 92 -- Version 0.12<beta>
  686. | -- New feature
  687. |If AutoFile requests come in without a valid password, AutoFile will now
  688. |respond to these and indicate that the wrong password was received from the
  689. |node/point.
  690. | -- Bug
  691. |Description field is now properly limited to 80 characters in the local Hatch
  692. |routine.
  693. | -- Bug
  694. |Information on the last area, in the last line, of the control file, was not
  695. |being read correctly. This is now working.
  696. | -- Bug (Paul Baker, Mark Butler)
  697. |AutoFile was not sending out to points if 4D addressing was used when a file
  698. |goes through the system, although if a file was hatched directly then there
  699. |was no problem. Now fixed.
  700. | -- Apology
  701. |There is quite a bit of unenabled code for fixing failed TIC files. This will
  702. |not work at present. Sorry for that, but people want a fixed version ASAP and
  703. |therefore I have to release the program ASAP. The size of the program is a bit
  704. |bigger than it otherwise would have been.
  706. +---  8 Nov 92 -- Version 0.11<beta>
  707. | -- Bug
  708. |TICs and FLEs were being created, even if a file was not moved into the
  709. |correct area (due to lack of space) with the original TIC being deleted. Now
  710. |the TIC is simply renamed to BAD (to prevent it being re-processed).
  711. | -- Bug
  712. |Passwords had to be presented in the same case as that of the copy in your
  713. |control file, i.e. "Auto" != "AUTO". This is now fixed, and runs to the usual
  714. |password specification where mixed case can be used ("Auto" == "AUTO").
  715. | -- New feature
  716. |Previously, if no description was specified in a TIC or FLE (or an empty
  717. |description was specified), then the TIC or FLE would be renamed to BAD. Now,
  718. |a description is created, simply "Description not specified". This is also
  719. |passed on to downlinks.
  720. | -- New feature
  721. |Bad FLE files will now be renamed to FBD and bad TIC files to TBD. There is a
  722. |new error-checking system which allows you to search for files that didn't
  723. |process correctly, and find out the reason why. This will be added soon.
  724. | -- Bug (John Carolin)
  725. |The-Box .IF files were being written when .HF files should have been,
  726. |resulting in TB polling it's downlinks.
  727. | -- New feature -- EXPERIMENTAL ONLY
  728. |AutoFree <space> can be used to automatically get rid of old files when new
  729. |ones come in. The way it does this is as follows:
  730. |1. It looks for files in each file area specified on the partition which has
  731. |   run out of space.
  732. |2. Read-only (software write-protected) files are ignored. FILES.BBS and
  733. |   FILES.BAK are also ignored if present.
  734. |3. The files are deleted in order, from the oldest to the newest, except that
  735. |   large files which are a couple of weeks newer than the old files have
  736. |   precedence. A value is interpreted for each file, the lower the magnitude
  737. |   of 'value' the more valuable the file is. This is the sum of the age of the
  738. |   file (in hours) and 168*the base-10 logarithm of the size of the file
  739. |   (which works out to one week for every order of magnitude).
  740. |ALERT! You *MUST NOT* run this option unattended at present. I cannot
  741. |guarantee the option, and I don't think it works properly at present. It was
  742. |introduced at this stage because I need more space! There will be a file-move
  743. |option introduced in the future, where files are moved to another directory.
  744. | -- Bug (reported by Everybody!)
  745. |Point addresses can now be used! It results in 4D TICs containing the actual
  746. |addresses, but it does now work. I'll get round to adding 3D support soon
  747. |(this is more complicated, because files sent to nodes must not contain any
  748. |of your private point numbers in the SEEN-BYs, PATHs are OK though).
  749. | -- New feature
  750. |Netmails can now be sent along with files, if the Advise statement is used in
  751. |the control file. These will have Local Pvt K/Snt and either zero or one of
  752. |Hold/Crash as appropriate.
  754. +---  8 Oct 92 -- Version 0.10 (first release version)
  755. | -- New feature
  756. |AutoFile now requires an AUTOMAGI.KEY file to work properly. People that
  757. |already have an AUTOMATI.KEY or MAKEDIFF.KEY should rename this to
  758. |AUTOMAGI.KEY, or make a copy if running a release of MakeDiff prior to 1.10.
  759. |Demo keys last for 28 days only, and are available by using AMKEYREQ, the
  760. |AutoMagiKey Requestor to dial The Dream Machine and interface with it. The
  761. |program is available from The Dream Machine (+44-222-341713) or other sources.
  763. +--- 30 Sep 92 -- Version 0.09<beta> (restricted release)
  764. | -- Bug
  765. |If a message to AutoFile has a NULL in it, the program will look for an area
  766. |with the name NULL (which cannot possibly exist). Since the area doesn't
  767. |exist, the "........does not exist" is added to the response, but LED stops
  768. |reading the netmail at a NULL. This was affecting messages to AutoFile without
  769. |a tearline (---) in them.
  770. | -- Bug
  771. |AutoFile parsing was still not quite working properly, in distinguishing
  772. |between spaces and LF's.
  773. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  774. |Trying to connect to an area that you were already connected to, caused your
  775. |entry to be added a second time. Now AutoFile reports, correctly, that you are
  776. |already connected. For a similar reason, the program did not allow nodes to
  777. |disconnect from echoes.
  779. +--- 27 Sep 92 -- Version 0.08<beta>
  780. | -- New feature
  781. |It's possible to write utilities that automatically hatch files into echoes
  782. |now. AutoFile will, by default (if a commandline is specified, the 'c'
  783. |parameter is used for this purpose) check for a "HATCH" file in the current
  784. |working directory. If this is found, it should have the following format:
  785. |<Full file path and name>
  786. |<Area>
  787. |<Description>
  788. |[Undefined additional information]
  789. |---
  790. |etc...
  791. |It must be terminated by an end-of-line sequence. This allows AutoFile to
  792. |send files automatically.
  793. |If a program uses this feature, it should look for the file first, and if
  794. |it exists, append to it, since it may already have been written by another
  795. |piece of software.
  796. |MakeDiff will shortly be using this feature of AutoFile to provide a way of
  797. |including various details in the nodelist description issued.
  798. | -- Bug (John Carolin)
  799. |*.HF and *.IF files weren't being written out properly.
  800. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem, Daron Brewood, Flemming Nielsen)
  801. |Errors in the handling of 'AutoFile' messages (^A lines read verbatim) fixed.
  803. +--- 24 Sep 92 -- Version 0.07<beta>
  804. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem, Daron Brewood)
  805. |If StatusLog didn't exist in Debug mode, the program wouldn't run, it would
  806. |exit with error -33 (File not found).
  807. | -- Bug (Daron Brewood)
  808. |-L didn't work in 0.06.
  810. +--- 22 Sep 92 -- Version 0.06<beta>
  811. | -- New feature
  812. |Limited privatenet support. The FLO file written out will have the privatenet
  813. |number in the case of sending a file to a point.
  814. |Specify the PrivateNet for each address as the second parameter in the Address
  815. |line, separated from the address by a space.
  816. | -- New feature
  817. |Two flags on the subject line of 'AutoFile' messages can be specified, these
  818. |being -I (for information, i.e. help) and -L (for a list of file echo
  819. |connections).
  820. | -- Change
  821. |AutoFile checks for messages to 'AutoFile' rather than 'FileFix' now; in
  822. |later versions there will be a control that allows you to specify what
  823. |AutoFile will recognise and act upon (e.g. Raid, FileFix). Case is
  824. |independent.
  825. | -- New feature
  826. |Area descriptions can be supplied using the 'Local Desc' parameter under
  827. |an area. These are shown to fixable nodes.
  828. | -- New feature
  829. |To manually hatch a file, you can no longer use the command line. Call
  830. |AutoFile with parameter 'h' to hatch a file.
  831. | -- New feature
  832. |Switches on the command line: '?' displays a list, and asks for a keypress;
  833. |'a[n]' searches for possible files for automatic hatching [using the nth
  834. |'AutoSend' parameter only]; 'f' searches through netmail for messages
  835. |addressed to AutoFile; 'r' sends a report to all fixable nodes of what echoes
  836. |are being carried, and which can be obtained; and 's' searches for files in
  837. |inbound. Default operation is as for 'autofile afs' if no command line is
  838. |specified.
  840. +--- 19 Sep 92 -- Version 0.05<beta>
  841. | -- New feature
  842. |FileFix! A major enhancement. To use this, you must define the Netmail path
  843. |in the control file with "Netmail <path_and_name>", usual style, leaving off
  844. |the extension.
  845. |You can have up to 500 Fix lines in the control file. The format is as
  846. |follows:
  847. |Fix <node> <password> <area_groups> <flags>
  848. |<node> is the number of the node to which the FileFix access applies to.
  849. |<password> is the word that they must specify on the Subject line (either
  850. |upper or lower case, it doesn't matter). <area_groups> is explained below.
  851. |<flags> is the list of flags added after a node that is to be connected to
  852. |an area, for example IOH would set inbound file access and outbound TICs
  853. |put on hold for the node.
  854. |The area groups that a node can access are given by the area_groups parameter
  855. |(which MUST be there, if you don't need area groups then just leave it as *).
  856. |This must be matched up to the area group of the file echo when connecting or
  857. |disconnecting. There is now a new statement that can be included immediately
  858. |after Area to specify this, called "Local Group" which must be followed by one
  859. |character. If this is not in an area description, it is assumed that any node
  860. |listed in the Fix lines can connect to that area.
  861. |Don't try it with points. It still won't work. I haven't implemented the code
  862. |to handle points yet.
  864. +--- 18 Sep 92 -- Version 0.04<beta>
  865. | -- Incompatibility with STick (Ben Van Bokkem)
  866. |It doesn't like 4D addresses in TIC files! Now changed to 3D where possible.
  867. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  868. |"From" node not always in Seenby's in TIC/FLE file. Now rectified.
  870. +--- 12 Sep 92 -- Version 0.03<beta>
  871. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  872. |Release date showed one month after what it should have been showing, in TICs
  873. |created from hatched files.
  874. | -- "Bug" (Ben Van Bokkem)
  875. |No Path line was causing both ACS and STick to barf, in hatched files.
  876. | -- "Bug" (Ben Van Bokkem)
  877. |Some TIC files created by ACS had their password terminated by a CR but no LF,
  878. |AutoFile corrects for this now.
  879. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  880. |The control file was not always found when getting data for an area, should
  881. |be fixed now.
  882. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  883. |When hatching a file into an echo, any wildcards specified were copied into
  884. |the "File" lines of any TICs/FLEs written out. Not sure if that one is fixed,
  885. |but it might be!
  886. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  887. |When hatching a file, the Release line of the TIC file had a blank line after
  888. |it.
  889. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  890. |The program sometimes reported "File does not exist" even when the file did
  891. |exist, in Hatch mode.
  892. | -- Bug (Ben Van Bokkem)
  893. |When moving a file to replace another file on the same logical drive, error
  894. |-36 (Access denied) was reported. This will now only be reported if the target
  895. |file is software write-protected.
  897. +--- 10 Sep 92 -- Version 0.02<beta>
  898. | -- Bug
  899. |If a node is listed with just two dimension address in the list as the first
  900. |file, then files hatched into the node were not recognised. Also, the node
  901. |searching routine had an escape at exactly this position, which caused a bus
  902. |error. The two problems were linked.
  903. | -- Bug
  904. |When writing FLE files, the program was hanging, sending the first Seenby line
  905. |to the FLE file until program reset.
  906. | -- Bug (reported by Ben Van Bokkem)
  907. |Upon hatching a file, all nodes after the first were ignored. This was due to
  908. |a debug line left in the code at that point, causing program execution to
  909. |terminate prematurely.
  910. | -- Bug
  911. |Logging problem where lines having more than 69 characters in them were
  912. |causing the program to hang.
  914. +---  9 Sep 92 -- Version 0.01<beta> -- Initial AutoFile release
  915. |Preliminary Documentation for Betatesters:
  916. |AutoFile reads a control file named autofile.ctl. The name is fixed at
  917. |present, and cannot be changed. What it expects in the control file are the
  918. |following statements:
  919. |Address <zone>:<net>/<node> - of which up to 16 can exist; this specifies
  920. |  a list of addresses. Point numbe
  921. |  supported yet. It is advised that the zone number be included.
  922. |Inbound <protected_inbound_path> - path to your protected inbound directory,
  923. |  which will be scanned for TIC files (and FLE files if AutoFile is set up to
  924. |  do so).
  925. |[Zone <zone> <holding_area>] - path to a Binkley-style holding area for the
  926. |  zone identified, this allows domain support if you don't have two domains
  927. |  using the same zone. The domains should not be specified in the control
  928. |  file.
  929. |[Hold <holding_area>] - default Binkley-style holding area string, if you
  930. |  don't run domains then this is all you need. Also applies to The-Box
  931. |  systems, and specifies the holding area for these. If a Zone parameter is
  932. |  included for the relevant zone, then the Hold statement is disregarded.
  933. |[Bink|The-Box] - specifies mailer type, and hence the format of the files
  934. |  placed in the holding area.
  935. |TicDir <TIC_storage_path> - where TICs and FLEs will be kept until they've
  936. |  been sent. They should not theoretically be placed in the hold directory as
  937. |  this is reserved for the mailer control files.
  938. |[Flea] - if included, causes AutoFile to search for FLE files in the inbound
  939. |  as well as TIC files. Does not need to be included to export FLE files.
  940. |[StatusLog <log_path_and_filename>] - The name of the status log. If it is
  941. |  included, then you must also include
  942. |[LogLevel <1-5>] - specifies the amount of logging. 1 is small, 5 is all :-)
  943. |[Debug] - Report diagnostic information, send this to log, and flush the
  944. |  buffer after every log report.
  945. |[Use4D] - Use 4-dimensional addresses in TICs. (FLEs use 2D addresses only.)
  946. |[AutoSend <wildcard_path> <area> <desc>] - any files in the wildcard path will
  947. |  be moved into the appropriate area, and automatically hatched with the
  948. |  specified description.
  949. |Area <path> <primary_name> [<secondary_name>] - specifies the name of an area,
  950. |  and the path where it's files are kept. Lines following have the following
  951. |  format:
  952. |[<zone>:]<net>/<node> <password> [C|H][IO][T|F] - indicates that the node
  953. |  specified is connected to the echo, with the specified password. C indicates
  954. |  that files are to be crashed to the node; H indicates that they are to be
  955. |  put on hold. An absence of these flags indicates that the files are placed
  956. |  as 'normal' wait files. I/O indicates that files are to be accepted (input)
  957. |  from the node, and/or sent (output) to the node. T will prevent any
  958. |  accompanying TIC or FLE file (but note that the password must be specified),
  959. |  and F will send a FLE file instead of a TIC to a node.
  960. |Note that you can support points, but only by using 3D kludges at present;
  961. |also there is no filefix at present. I am writing software to convert your
  962. |STICK.CTL or ACS.CFG/FILEECHO.BBS into an AUTOFILE.BBS, but this is proving to
  963. |be a long delay, so I want to get this out tonight.
  964. |To hatch a file into an echo: Use following commandline:
  965. |  <file> <echo name> <description>
  966. |First two parameters cannot contain spaces. This will probably change in the
  967. |future.
  968. |My apologies that the program is so scrappy at the moment, but there's nothing
  969. |I can do about that; I have to get it out.
  970. |There are undoubtedly MANY bugs in this program, and I cannot hope to find
  971. |them all myself, so PLEASE let me know of any as soon as you can. By
  972. |betatesting the program, you have agreed to do this. A similar licencing
  973. |agreement exists as with MakeDiff.