home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Crawly Crypt Collection 1 / crawlyvol1.bin / bbs / plst160 / update.doc < prev   
Text File  |  1993-12-12  |  3KB  |  65 lines

1. ParseLst 1.60 (Atari TOS/MultiTOS) - Revision by Bill Jones
  3.    As Bryan has planned no further updates to ParseLst, I decided to add a
  4.    couple of changes to the code to better enable you to use alternate
  5.    networks with ParseLst.  I will continue to maintain the Atari version of
  6.    ParseLst until a better program comes out.  I don't know about any other
  7.    major upgrades to this program (working with the original MS-Dos code was
  8.    a pain to say the least), but I will continue to make bug fixes as I can
  9.    find them.  Anyhow, on to what's been changed since the docs were written
  10.    for version 1.52 -
  12.    New command line parameter:  -a<nodelist>
  14.       This is for networks that don't send out a 'DIFF' file and use "odd"
  15.       naming schemes that don't end in LIST.  Give the full name of the
  16.       network's list (without the extension) after the -a parameter to
  17.       process this type of list.
  19.       Example: -aFUNNYNET would process FUNNYNET.073 into FUNNYNET.IDX,
  20.                   FUNNYNET.DAT, etc.
  22.    Fixed the -o parameter:
  24.       -o no longer requires exactly 4 charaters after it.  You may not put
  25.       MORE than 4 after it, but the minimum is now 1.  This allows you to
  26.       process names like PIXLIST, 4X4DIFF and the like.  -o still works as
  27.       before and adds DIFF, USER, LIST, etc to the end of the name as needed.
  29.    Zone Control:
  31.       -z was added in version 1.52 and is in the documentation, but I've been
  32.       asked several times about adding support for Z1-LIST and names like it.
  33.       If you put -Z<n> on the command line, ParseLst processes Z1-LIST into
  34.       NODELIST.DAT, .IDX and FIDOUSER.LST as you're used to.  Adding a number
  35.       behind -z uses that zonelist instead (1 is the default).
  37.       This method gives you variants if you need them.  By using -oZ1- you could
  38.       create Z1-LIST.DAT, Z1-USER.LST and such names, while using -z gives
  39.       you the more familiar ones.  Take your pick!
  41.    Obsolete?:
  43.       I removed the code for using EditNL and some other leftovers from the
  44.       IBM code.  If someone actually finds a working version of EditNL for
  45.       the Atari, please send it over to me and I'll add the code for it back in.
  47.    Please note that as of version 1.53 ParseLst automatically deletes the old
  48.    nodelist and nodediff files after sucessfully applying the nodediff and
  49.    creating the new nodelist.  If you're wanting to save the nodediff file,
  50.    copy it to somewhere else first.
  52.    I'm sure there are several dozen other variants on nodelist naming that
  53.    I've never seen.  I've tried in this version to take care of as many as I
  54.    can.  Please contact me with any other methods you think I could add to
  55.    ParseLst.
  58.    Update completed 12-Dec-1993.
  60.    Bill Jones - The Zoo BBS (317) 356-5519
  61.       FidoNet 1:231/370
  62.       AtariNet 51:203/0 (US Midwest Host)
  64.    Enjoy!