home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Frozen Fish 2: PC / frozenfish_august_1995.bin / bbs / d02xx / d0230.lha / PrivHndlr / PrivHndlr.doc < prev    next >
Text File  |  1989-07-22  |  2KB  |  31 lines

1. ****     A Privilige Violation handler for the 68010 CPU               ****
  2. ****     To use for traping those MOVE SR,ea instructions I went to use ***
  3. ****     Decigel but found it would not survive a reboot. I needed this ***
  4. ****     for those copy protected programs that run from boot. The idea ***
  5. ****     for the Violation code is from Scott Turner's Decigel program. I *
  6. ****     added the code that will allow it to survive a warm boot.     ****
  7. ****     To remove the handler press the left mouse button while       ****
  8. ****     rebooting. The screen will flash red to let you know the code ****
  9. ****     has gone. It allocates a port so that if you try to install   ****
  10. ****     it again it will tell you it is already there.                ****
  11. ****     The other way to get rid of it is to type Decigel -q          ****
  12. ****     I am placing this into the public domain for use by anyone    ****
  13. ****     John Veldthuis
  14. ****     21 Ngatai Street
  15. ****     Manaia, Taranaki
  16. ****     New Zealand
  18. ****     Revision 1  3 April 1988
  19. ****     Added code to remove handler from Cli
  21. ****     Revision 2  20 September 1988
  22. ****     Changed from using the CoolCapture Vector to using RomTAGS
  23. ****     This is the proper way to survive a reboot.
  24. ****     Took awhile to work out how to use them though
  25. ****     Will work with other RomTAGS
  27. ****     Revision 3 23 September 1988
  28. ****     Changed memory allocation tactics when I found my program
  29. ****     got wiped out by an ADDMEM C00000 CFFFFF command