home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Frozen Fish 1: Amiga / FrozenFish-Apr94.iso / bbs / alib / d9xx / d996 / tauicons.lha / TauIcons / TauIcons.doc < prev    next >
Text File  |  1994-04-05  |  7KB  |  152 lines

1. VERSION
  3.     TauIcons 1.5
  5. WHAT IS TAUICONS ABOUT
  7.     This archive is the second MagicWB style icon archive I've compiled.
  8.     Those of you that got the first archive may notice that most of the icons
  9.     here are the same. Well, they're not the same. Every icon hereis either
  10.     new, or redone.
  12.     Why? Well, seems like I used a bad background template in the first set,
  13.     and the icons didn't fit too well with the original MagicWB icons. Here
  14.     they are, with a better template, and sometimes a few changes in the
  15.     actual image too.
  17.     I've included some original MagicWB (by Martin Huttenloher) icons here,
  18.     because I wasn't fully satisfied with them, and made some changes. I
  19.     thought you might want to see if my modified versions are better. I think
  20.     so. Basically, I animated the icons a bit. For example, in the HDToolBox
  21.     icon in MagicWB 1.2 the read/write head of the hard drive image didn't
  22.     move when you selected the icon. I made it move, and also animated the
  23.     wrench...
  25.     The MUI Prefs icon is a somewhat modified version of the one made by
  26.     Thomas Baetzler. I made the wand look more 3D.
  28. COPYRIGHT AND OTHER LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO
  30.     MagicWB is Copyright by Martin Huttenloher. See the MagicWB archive for
  31.     it's licence.
  33.     In this copyright notice, the term 'icon' refers not only to the Amiga
  34.     Workbench *.info icon files, but also to the images the icons consist of.
  36.     The icons here are Copyright 1993, 1994 by Osma Ahvenlampi, except for
  37.     the TauIcons.doc/Contents/Changes icon, the drawer icon, and MultiView,
  38.     HDToolBox and HDBackup icons, which are Copyright 1993 by Martin
  39.     Huttenloher.
  41.     You may not modify the icons for personal or public use or distribition
  42.     without a prior written consent from the author, Osma Ahvenlampi.
  44.     You may not use the icons, or the imagery of them, unchanged or not, on
  45.     any other platfrom besides Amiga.
  47.     These icons may be freely distributed via BBSs, InterNet/UseNet, software
  48.     libraries such as Fred Fish's and Aminet CD-ROM, and other similar
  49.     electronic channels, as long as the archive is not modified, either by
  50.     adding, removing, or modifying files in it.
  51.     Disk magazines and services that charge extra for file transfers may not
  52.     distribute TauIcons.
  54.     If you wish to include one or several of the icons in this archive with
  55.     other software, contact the author, Osma Ahvenlampi, for the terms of
  56.     distribution.
  58.     By using these icons, you accept the full responsibility for any damage
  59.     or loss that may occur through their use. The author can not be held
  60.     responsible.
  62.     NONE of the icons may be used on any machine which is used for research,
  63.     development, construction, testing or production of weapons or other
  64.     military applications. This includes any machine used for training persons
  65.     for any of the above mentioned purposes.
  67. IMPORTANT
  69.     These icons are Giftware. If you like these icons and use them often,
  70.     consider sending some gift to the author. I suggest a copy of your own
  71.     program, a donation of 5-10 USD, or an A4000 :).
  73.     Even if you feel the icons are not worth any donation, contact me. I want
  74.     to hear what you think of them. I'm happy to receive email considering
  75.     them, regardless of whether it says they're nice, or they suck. If you
  76.     happen to think they suck, please try to tell me why you think so, I might
  77.     be able to do something about it.
  79.     If you use some program that does not have a goodlooking MagicWB icon,
  80.     contact me, I might make one if I have the time to do it.
  82.     If you are an author yourself, and would like to have me make an icon for
  83.     your program, I'd be glad to do it for a copy of the program. The time
  84.     limitation applies here too, however, so I might not be able to help you.
  86. INSTALLATION
  88.     Do not copy these icons over the icons on your Workbench. The icons do
  89.     not contain tooltypes, so by copying them you would lose all the setup
  90.     information contained in the icon.
  92.     For replacing the icon images, but leaving tooltypes and position
  93.     information intact, I use ICONtrol by Stefan Winterstein, found on Fish
  94.     disk 603. If you don't have it, get it.
  96.     I recommend you to install these icons in the following way:
  98.     NOTE:
  99.     This method requires you to have a certain amount of knowledge of how
  100.     to do things in the AmigaShell. If you don't know how to use AmigaShell,
  101.     or some other command line interface shell for Amiga, please ask someone
  102.     who does to make the installation for you. Unfortunately this installation
  103.     can not be automated, like the MagicWB installation, as the location of
  104.     the programs this archive provides icons for can and probably is different
  105.     on most systems.
  107.     1) Get ICONtrol, it is on Fish disk 603. The ftp site ftp.funet.fi has all
  108.        the Fish disks, in the directory /pub/amiga/fish.
  109.        You can use any other program that can change the icon image, and leave
  110.        the icon otherwise intact, but then you will have to modify the
  111.        installation accordingly.
  112.        Note that using the command ICONtrol in the Shell may result in running
  113.        of the program SYS:Prefs/IControl. To avoid this, either rename
  114.        ICONtrol so something else, or always provide also the path, for
  115.        example C:ICONtrol.
  116.     2) CD to the TauIcons directory.
  117.     3) Give the command
  118.        List ALL FILES LFORMAT "ICONtrol %n GETIMAGE %p%n" >T:InstallScript
  119.     4) Using your favorite text editor, edit the file T:InstallScript so that
  120.        the lines contain the path to the programs on your system. For example,
  121.        if you use Spliner as your screenblanker, you would probably change the
  122.        line
  123.        ICONtrol Spliner.info GETIMAGE WBStartup/Spliner.info
  124.        to
  125.        ICONtrol SYS:WBStartup/Spliner.info GETIMAGE WBStartup/Spliner.info
  126.        At this point, you should also remove the lines containing a command
  127.        to change an icon of a program you do not have on your system.
  128.        Use your imagination. For example, if you don't have a program called
  129.        Lens, but on the other have a program called MKS_Lens, by all means
  130.        use the Lens.info for MKS_Lens.
  131.     5) Save the edited file, and go back to Shell. Give this command:
  132.        Execute T:InstallScript
  133.     6) If the script executes without errors, you should now have TauIcons
  134.        installed on your Workbench. Enjoy!
  136. AUTHORS ADDRESS
  138.     I can be reached through email at:
  140.     oahvenla@snakemail.hut.fi
  142.     If you IRC, stop by at #amiga and say hi to me. My nick there is Tau.
  144.     If for some reason you can not use any electronic channels, my snailmail
  145.     address is, at least for the time being:
  147.     Osma Ahvenlampi
  148.     Rekipellontie 2 F 55
  149.     SF-00940 Helsinki
  150.     FINLAND