Subject: v11i138: myless, file viewer
From: [email-masked] (Mark Lord)
Date: 11 Apr 91 05:05:37 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc

The following is an archive containing the binary and DOCs for the
version of LESS.EXE that I have modified for use on PCs.

It is based on the sources for LESS V62 (unix termcap), and has been
converted (by me) to use the Turbo C++ video library for determining
screen sizes and performing video I/O and scrolling.

As such, it works with *any* screen size, and does NOT require a
*ANSI.SYS driver.

Other enhancements include the ability to invoke vi or elvis with the
current line number, and a special search routine that deals
intelligently with backspaces in formatted nroff documents (such as
*nix man pages).  Regular expression matching is also included, as per
the original sources.

My favorite "LESS" environment variable setting is:

   set LESS=bp50 semPm<--Less-->FoP

I have had a lot of demand for this lately on the net, so perhaps a
more general distribution is in order.

Given sufficient demand, I may also post the source code some day.

Cheers,

Mark Lord  ([email-masked])