Subject: Inspector

From: Vince DeMarco <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1993 18:12:58 -0600

I would like to talk about Inspector Views (Swap views)

I have some code written by Greg Burd that i modified called SwapView
it functions by calling a delegate method and asking the delgate for
the panel containing the view to swap over the current view.

I like this method because one object takes care of only displaying
views. 

The other alternative would be to have an object that did the swaping
and also decided what view to swap in when some action was recieved. 

I think the second one although is much more usefull in interface
builder test mode, isn't as flexable.

What does everyone else think about this???

It would be really nice to have some code to allow inspectors to be
easily created. We all seem to be rewriting inspector code for every
project and this is a serious waste of time.

Please post to the list i read it all of the time, and this way
everyone gets to see every part of the discussion.

vince