Subject: Another draft is done

From: [email-masked] (Don Yacktman)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 12:41:45 -0600

OK, I made another draft of the license and accompnaying
material, attempting to take into account the points brought
to my attention, either via private e-mail, or by discussion
on this list.  I have streamlined the license and added an
explanatory section, as Chris suggested; good idea, there
was a lot of redundancy in the first draft.  I think what I've
got here is more clear and so on...but I still want feedback.

Here's what I need to hear:

* What isn't clear?  Are the examples sufficient, or too much?
* Format of the documents...do you like/dislike what I've done?
	(Especially authors, to do, and so on...)
* Is anything missing?
* Is something too verbose?  How might I trim it down?  (As is
	now obvious to most, I get a bit wordy...)
* Anything you don't like?  How might it be changed to make it
	better?

The explanations try to explain my rationales better, hopefully
things will make even more sense this time around.  Also, there
was very little discussion about the charter document, and none
on the others (or nearly none).  What about them?

OK, where to get it... ftp to ftp.byu.edu

ftp.byu.edu:/pub/next/misckit/MiscKitDocs.tar.gz (what I NeXTMailed
	the other day, but fixed up now)
ftp.byu.edu:/pub/next/misckit/misckit_proj.gtar.gz (here it is!)

You don't need both; the MiscKit distribution has the license and
other files in it already.  Also, the distribution isn't completely
cleaned up and transferred over yet, so bear with me.  At least it
compiles, but I haven't had time to do much testing... even so,
comments are welcome.

Well, I'll turn you guys loose to tear through it now. :-)

Later,
-don