Subject: CATTEST.ZIP - Computer Assisted (Tech) Testing w/TPAS srces
From: Carl David <[email-masked]>
To: Keith Petersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, 1 July 1991 14:21-EDT

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.education>
CATTEST.ZIP     Computer Assisted (Tech) Testing w/TPAS srces

Computer Assisted Testing materials for constructing technical tests
are made available here.  This first version supports only numerical
answers, a version supporting formula answers is under development.
The system avoids a multiple choice environment, allows students to
obtain "help" if they get the wrong answers, allows students to
comment on the nature of questions (including objections to them),
allows grading examinations in real time, and generally forces
students to either answer exam questions correctly or leave an
examination for more study.

CATTEST.ZIP also includes these two support programs:

CATMQ03.EXE     CAT support program (make questions)
CATMT01.EXE     CAT support program (make tests)

Carl W. David
DAVID at UCONNVM.bitnet