Subject: Ascii to Postscript
From: "GEOFF SELIG - CONCORDIA U. COMPUTING SERVICES"
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1991 13:46 EDT

Jean-Serge --

I read your note in Info-IBMPC Digest regarding ASCII to PostScipt
printing. I am attaching a series of Postscript "programs" that will
allow you to do exactly what you requested.  Just break the file into
its separate parts, change the <FF> string into a true formfeed, and
have fun.

By the way, the original posting of the programs came from a VAX/VMS
discussion list -- thus the comments about daemons, etc.

Good luck

Geoff Selig        Phone (514)-848-7666 |        _,  /|     The Cat's Meow
Faculty Services     FAX (514)-848-7622 |        \ o.O'
Department of Computing Services        |        =(___)=
Concordia University   (H928)           |            U
Montreal, Quebec   H3G 1M8              |  [email-masked]
                                        |  [email-masked]
======================================

 > does anyone out there have a program (maybe with fortran source) that
 > will take a text file and convert it into a postscript file?????

 > I can't just use the postscript symbiont that is in the pd archives
 > becoz the prionter I want to print on isn't on a VAX

Why use FORTRAN as the language?  Why not use PostScript?  Here are a
few useful PostScript programs.  Just prepend the one that formats the
file the way you want it to the file you want to print, then send it to
the printer.  Note: The string <FF> in each of these programs should be
replaced with an actual formfeed.

I forgot to mention that if you don't have a symbiont (or print daemon,
or whatever) that ends each job with a control-D, you also have to
append a control-D to the file before sending it to the printer if you
use my PostScript programs to print the file.