Subject: Phone ring via modem
From: Bruce Desmond Area # 10 ( Technical )
To: All 16 Mar 91

Recently, someone wanted to use his computer/modem as a phone ringer
for those times when the phone's ringer was turned off.

Following is a small TSR program which will watch the specified modem
for a ring signal and will 'ring' the computers speaker to indicate
phone rings.

It is fairly well behaved and should not interfere with
telecommunications on the watched port. Minimal help is available by
typing Phonring at the Dos command line. Source code available upon
request.

 N PHONRING.COM
[removed to PHONRING.SCR]

Remove any captured communications header and at the Dos prompt enter
  DEBUG < filename   where filename is the name of this script file.

[Toad Hall Note:  See PHONRING.ZIP for disassembled .ASM source,
 PHONRING.SCR, etc.
 Of course I tweaked my disassembled code, but functionally
 it's unchanged.  If you don't like it .. use the DEBUG script.
 
 David Kirschbaum
 Toad Hall
]
 * Origin: Berserker's Haven __ Sacramento, Ca __ [Tech]  (1:203/6.9)