AmigaActive (1781/2249)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:23 Jul 2000 at 17:08:18
Subject:Re: Yam filters

Matt Sealey said,

> Hello Neil

>> When filtering, pick a characteristic that only ever appears on mails
>> sent from the list server, such as the Mailing-List: header or the
> Do what I do: filter on the To: field, substring search in the "address"
> for "amigactive". You can't fail to get all amigactive-list-based mails
> that way.

similar guarantee, with the additional guarantee of no mis-filtering.
It should be just as easy to do (as would filtering on Reply-To:) with
no possibility of error.

Why use it "it sort of works and should do most of the time" approach
when the "it always works" approach is as easy to implement? That's the
sort of sloppy approach that gets sysadmins swearing at you :)

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider
---
Daddy? What's this little red button for?