AmigaActive (1719/2249)

From:Joe Callaghan
Date:22 Jul 2000 at 21:56:02
Subject:Re: Sick of RHA now what?

Hello Gary

On 22-Jul-00 Gary Ransley-Miller wrote

>GR Hello Matthew Garrett.
>GR You said the following about <Re: [amigactive] Re: Sick of RHA now
>GR what?>
>GR> They're providing the level of service that they're contracted to do.
>GR> Now, is there any chance that RHA discussion can be shifted to
>GR> somewhere a tad more appropriate rather than cluttering up yet another
>GR> Amiga mailing list with junk about an ISP not many of us use?
>GR
>GR Hmm. How do you know? Has a poll been conducted recently to see who uses
>GR which ISP? I'd be interested, anyway. Plus I bet there are more RHA
>GR people on this list than have a siamese set-up for example, so these
>GR messages are relevant enough (says he, a happy RHA customer!)
It seems to me that"what RHA were contracted to do" is a bit nebulous. I
read it as having freefone access to the net most of the time (within
'reason') I find in practice unless I use the system in the middlle of the
night or early morning I can only get reliable connection by reverting to my
other ISP for which I pay local rates.
RHAs own recent newsletter admits they are going to have to increase modem
capacity by at least 40%. That is a Massive admission the service is
under-supplied.
Regards,
Cally