AmigaActive (1705/2249)

From:Martin Nicholson
Date:22 Jul 2000 at 01:25:17
Subject:Re: Setting up the Mimeprefs

Hello Sam

On 21-Jul-00, you wrote:

> interview or summat with Bill McEwan. Now what I would like to know
> is, is there a way to set V� up to download and play this with the
> Mimeprefs (or some other way?). I have wanted to set up a few things
> to be done in V� before, but have not known how to go about it or
> where to go to do it.

It's all done in the mimeprefs program mate. Go into mimeprefs and
make a new config for the audio/mpeg class. You'll need to get mpega
off aminet too, for this particular solution. But once that's
installed, then in mimeprefs click on save and view, switch off
internal viewer and in the command string for viewer, put in something
like;

Music:MPEGA/mpega -e -d4 -q2 %f

This will play mp3s in good quality stereo in division 4, that is, a
mp3 sampled at 41000 Hz, will play back at 11025 Hz, so it won't cost
you too much CPU time. If you want better quality, then replace -d4
with -d2, or even -d1, but it will take more CPU.

With Regards

Worzel

mailto:martin@madscientist.demon.co.uk
| Martin Nicholson | Nick Worzel on AlternativeNET |
| ICQ UIN = 14617500 | #HarryHomers |
|A1200, Blizzard 040/40, 48 Megs fastram, 4.2G & |
|2G UW-SCSI, 3G IDE, HDs, 12 x SCSI CD-ROM & SCSI |
|CD-Writer in tower, Dynalink V90 modem/Hypercom 3i |
| Using Dopus 5.8 Magellan & NetConnect2 software. |

Last week I bought a new phone. I took it out of the box, hooked it up to the wall... Pressed redial. The phone had a nervous breakdown.