AmigaActive (1592/2249)

From:Jon Barker
Date:20 Jul 2000 at 17:23:24
Subject:Re: Universal Cache (still)

Hello David

On 20-Jul-00, you wrote:

> I have also tried setting HOSTNAME, equal to 127.0.0.1/localhost, as an
> envarc: variable but then I get told that genesis is 'unable to resolve
> localhost name'.

You must have a HOST name list somewhere on your harddrive that Genesis
will use. All I can think is that you haven't got 127.0.0.1 set to
localhost. I don't have Genesis, but I'm sure there is a way of setting
your hosts, MiamiDX has a page in the Database where hosts are set, Windows
has a text file called Hosts in the system directory, where does Genesis
store this data?

Cheers,

Jon Barker ICQ:20786000 AIM:FrescoBall

Movie cliches:

Radiation causes mutation not to your future children, but to you,
there and then. Mutation is never immediately fatal, but first either
makes you into a formless blob, or a functional creature with animal-like
features.