AmigaActive (1380/2249)

From:Eds Borthwick
Date:18 Jul 2000 at 18:04:06
Subject:Re: V90 Update

Hello Neil

On 18-Jul-00, you wrote:

>>> Nor does Genesis support K56, X2 or V34. It's the job of the modem to
>>> establish a connection with the remote server using the appropriate
>>> protocols. The TCP stack, or the ppp driver to be more accurate, then
>>> uses that existing connection.
>
>> I know, perhaps I wasn't clear.
>
> You still aren't :(
>
>> Genesis changed the modem template to prevent it using V90 at all.
>
> What "modem template"? Just leave the init string at AT&F and the modem
> will attempt to negotiate a V90 connection.

Last mail on the subject, from my point at any rate, 'cause it's getting
dull now.

Attempting to connect the modem using Genesis wizard reported "Modem type
not supported, reconfigure yes/no".

When reconfigured it saved a new template and used it in it's init string,
with V90 disabled.

Any attempt to use AT&F to use factory defaults caused "Modem not
responding" errors.

I simply said the symptom exists, or existed, whereby if the modem was set
to use V90, Genesis would fail (Miami wouldn't btw).

I don't really care why it did it, since I use Miami anyway, and I'm not
going to get drawn into an AFB type slanging match over it.

The original point stands, Genesis may not like your V90 modem.

Simple.

Not l8r

Eds