AmigaActive (1310/2249)

From:Gerald Mellor
Date:18 Jul 2000 at 04:26:32
Subject:Re: EyeLike Eyetech

On 18-Jul-00, Steve Hodson wrote:

>>> If I recall, the original mail talked about upgrading and Amiga
>>> now..not in a years time ;)
>>
>> Well true, but there's nothing wrong with future-proofing your
>> system
>> :) And for the moment BlizzardPPCs are significantly cheaper than
>> CyberstormPPCs.
>
> ...and running all through this thread, you will spot that the BPPC
> is significantly *inferior* to the CSPPC

Oh, I know that. But at least they're available, and adding *any* PPC
to your system is a good thing IMO. So someone upgrading their system
*now* doesn't have the choice of getting a CSPPC (new), they have to
wait for them to become available. By which time G3 cards for the
A1200 will (hopefully) be much closer anyway, and the 604 card will be
the one looking sigificantly inferior.

> ah well...such is life... 550quid (1699DEM) is a lot after all...

Certainly a lot to spend on a dying (or dead?) platform...

Regards
Gerry

Ek kan glas eet, dit maak my nie seer nie.