AmigaActive (1181/2249)

From:Anthony W. Prime
Date:16 Jul 2000 at 20:15:23
Subject:Re: EyeLike Eyetech

Hi Matthew

> I have two broken WD Caviars here. There's a large stack of them in the
> computer room, and a friend who does hardware support has swapped out
> around 5 times as many Caviars as any other drive. On the other hand, the
> WD Tidbit in my A1200 has been going strong for almost 8 years. Unless
> they've sorted out the quality control on the Caviars, I'd steer clear of
> that range.

Oh I can echo the comments about the Tidbit range. I have an 80mb Drive I
bought in (IIRC) 1991 (for £199 from Diamond Computers), which I only
replaced about 6 months ago. It *never once* gave me a scrap of trouble, and
I usually run my system 24/7 so thats around.... ooh 70 odd thousand hours,
and it`s solid, quiet and (for the time) quick.

Anthony W. Prime
anthony@prime.clara.co.uk

See the future... http://www.amiga.com