AmigaActive (1175/2249)

From:Anthony W. Prime
Date:16 Jul 2000 at 18:45:18
Subject:Free Internet in General (was Lineone no longer free)

Hi Guys

With all the problems at RHA and the announcement by LineOne, do we finally
have to accept that you can`t get ought for nowt?

Surely recent events suggest either an unmetered subscription service or
"pay as you go" will be the only options for the future, with the decision
resting on your need for quality and usage level.

I really don`t think unmetered, subscription free ISPs will be able to make
a go of it, regardless of any e-commerce or advertising alchemy :/

Anthony W. Prime
anthony@prime.clara.co.uk

See the future... http://www.amiga.com