AmigaActive (1107/2249)

From:John Marchant
Date:16 Jul 2000 at 02:23:20
Subject:Re: Free ISP's

Hi Chris. In a message on 15-Jul-00 22:53:34, you wrote:

>I am put off by NTL as they are very slow to send out my
>brothers Sign up disk.

There was an item about this recently on our local radio station.
An NTL spokesman said they are sending out the disks in small
batches because the requests for them greatly exceeded their
expectations. If they send out all the disks immediately (they say)
the sudden increase in traffic would overwhelm them. And (they say)
they are trying to make new demands keep pace with their system
expansion.

There have also been complaints about the cost of phone calls to
get tech support from NTL.

I have NTL cable TV, and it came with a phone line which I never
use. In fact I've unplugged the phone. I use what was Mercury,
now Cable & Wireless, via my BT phone line for all calls (modem and
voice) as it's cheaper to use than the cable phone line. I'm not
sure what'll happen next, as Cable & Wireless have recently merged
with NTL :-)

John

John Marchant ('Gnome'). Bedford UK. gnome@putnoe.u-net.com
Amiga 4000/40, A3000/30, A500

Want peace & quiet? Get a phoneless cord.
* Pick-Tag v2.5 *