AmigaActive (1096/2249)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:15 Jul 2000 at 22:55:25
Subject:Re: Porting MySQL database engine to AmigaOS for 68K/PPC systems

Andrew Guard said,

>> Remember, the Amiga is a single user machine. If there's a security flaw
>> in Apache, anyone could gain the equivilant of root access to your
>> computer remotely.

> That goes for all programes on the internet using the Amiga.

No it doesn't, because the majority of Internet program are clients,
they don't allow remote login to your machine.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider
---
Bury a lawyer 12 feet under, because deep down they're nice.