AmigaActive (1043/2249)

From:Steve Hodson
Date:14 Jul 2000 at 19:48:00
Subject:Re: Upgrade A4000 Vs A1200

Adam Bell wrote:

> --- In amigactive@egroups.com, Don Cox <doncox@e...> wrote:
> > On 14-Jul-00, Adam Bell wrote:
>
> > Well, the A4000 would be better, but it could be next July by the
> time
> > you've done it.
> >

> That is one of the most frustrating things about owning an A4k. I
> have potentially a great system but I have a requirement of that
> system ASAP.
>
> > So the A1200 route is more practical.

Well..as far as I can tell, `new` (ie PowerUp ones via DCE) PPC cards for
the 1200 are just as far away as for the 4000...they just need to get
manufacturing a batch.

The superior tech. on the 4k card is worth the extra money (by far) and I
believe you will be much more satsfied with it.

Whatever...make sure you get an 060 anyway.

Steve