AmigaActive (1986/2143)

From:Duncan Gibb
Date:30 May 2000 at 20:18:09
Subject:Re: CD-R Audio

On 30-May-00, Don Cox wrote:

>> I use CDRWs for backup

DC> The big advantage of CDRs is that you're not tempted to write over them.
DC> So that crucial data file that you accidentally deleted last year and
DC> now suddenly need again is still there.

DC> The disadvantage is that 650 Megs isn't very much space any more.

And that it costs money to do regular backups. This is a Bad Thing, and
will discourage you.

My method is to back up to DAT, but have three times as many tapes as I
actually need so I can keep a "latest" "fairly recent" and an "ancient"
backup of each partition.

I had the good fortune to get a DAT drive and a big pile of tapes on the
cheap, though.

Duncan

CLICK HERE AND START SAVING ON LONG DISTANCE BILLS TODAY!