AmigaActive (1918/2143)

From:Simon Mason
Date:29 May 2000 at 21:30:54
Subject:Re: Lazy Gfx Card (was Re: Kickstart Show)

Hello Nick

On 29-May-00,Nick yapped about: [amigactive] Re: Lazy Gfx Card (was Re:
Kickstart Show)

> IIRC, the Fast Z2 slots are the two below the white NuBus style Z4
> connectors. Check the docs to see what you have enabled and that. Do
Zorro
> cards show up in Ealy Startup? Also just thought of this:

The card does show up in early startup.You say docs - all there was was a
poorly photocopied single A4 pice of paper showing you how to fit it.

> you may need to alter the auto config signals, there are some jumpers on
> the Z4 bus. Try altering them.

On the back of the page is some info on the jumpers, but doesn't show you
how. It says for OPEN and Closed. Is closed with that little black thing
actually over the two little legs/jumpers?

> You need this because an A1200 accelerator doesn't expect to give a
> autoconfig output, which it needs to, otherwise no Z2 cards will set
> themselves up.
>
> Read the docs on that. There should be some jumpers
>> Do I need a scandoubler/flicker fixer? Can I at least get some cgfx
modes
>> on my M14382s? (I will have to get a 25 to 15 pin cable,though).
>
> No - that's not the problem, scandoubler/flickerfixwer I mean :)

Would it not be best if I had either a SD or FF or both so as to only use my
SVGA? I'm confused. Waaaaaaaaaaaa.

Ther is a jumper for the accelerator board (it says but doesn't show which
one of them). Overall I am very dissapointed, I thought that Eyetech would
have at least have supplied proper documentation, and the info for my
CV64-3d was not much better, very confusing.

Cheers,
Simon

Coming next: Tagline Taxes

********* ICQ 71795677 *********