AmigaActive (1884/2143)

From:Nick Lamburn
Date:29 May 2000 at 16:42:04
Subject:Re: Apollo Z4 Bus Board

Hi Simon

>> I just thought of something else which to me is very important with the
> Z4
>> bus; and that is - is the -12v line delivered by the P8 and P9 power
>> connectors; or does the A1200 motherboard have to be powered some other
>> way? The Ateo Bus I'm using now, has the P8 and P9s in the actual bus
> slot
>> card, and a -12v flying lead goes up to the trapdoor connection card, and
>> into the A1200T there, the 5v and 12v, GND (iirc) are delivered by a 3.5"
>> floppy power connector.
>
> I have just fitted my ZIV to my A1200T this morning (though I am having
> probs with my new CV643d). The P8 and P9 from the PC power supply in my
> Power Tower were unclipped from the supply to the motherboard / power
> switch and simply plugged into the ZIV. The Amiga motherboard is then
> actually powered through the ZIV via the accelerator connection where the
> ZIV connects on (along with your existing acc board.

Excellent; that is what I like to hear :). Now let's see if this upgrade is
a smooth trouble free experience. COUGH COUGH! :) Splutter PPC, splutter
Ateo Bus splutter Tower conversion splutter SCSI CD-ROM... :)) (btw: those
are just a /few/ of my troublesome experiences :)

>> So how does the A1200 get powered with the Z4 as well, because the loss
> of
>> my -12v means that:
>
> see ^^^

Excellent!

> No probs. Oh, by the way. I managed to bugger the reset cable to my
> motherboard. Imagine my delight when I found a reset connector on the ZIV
> :)

Even better; now I can use the Rset switch on my tower soon as well; well
the Ateo KB interface has one, mind you - the Ateo K/B interface didn't
work; hence why I bought one from Power Computing. I'll be damned if I'm
gonna wait 2 months (like I did for the Ateo Bus) to get a replacement
keyboard interface. Well that's what I thought... :))

Regards

Nick.

.--------------------------------------------------------------.
| ONLY THE AMIGA MAKES IT POSSIBLE, It has done so since 1985! |
| ------------------------------------------------------------ |
| Trogladite Software - Nick Lamburn | __ __
| http://trogsoft.high5.net oruk_amigan@btinternet.com | / // /�
| So the world may know..... | / // /
Want to be a Trogladite Software Developer? \ \\ \/ // /
E-Mail me TODAY! \ / // /

Remember the good 'ol days