AmigaActive (1857/2143)

From:Nick Lamburn
Date:29 May 2000 at 12:08:51
Subject:Re: Apollo Z4 Bus Board

Hi

I just thought of something else which to me is very important with the Z4
bus; and that is - is the -12v line delivered by the P8 and P9 power
connectors; or does the A1200 motherboard have to be powered some other way?
The Ateo Bus I'm using now, has the P8 and P9s in the actual bus slot card,
and a -12v flying lead goes up to the trapdoor connection card, and into the
A1200T there, the 5v and 12v, GND (iirc) are delivered by a 3.5" floppy
power connector.

So how does the A1200 get powered with the Z4 as well, because the loss of
my -12v means that:

a.) No serial comms, d'oh! :-(
b.) No Amiga audio, woah now that is bad!
c.) I ain't got another brick to butcher, rather like the old A500+ one I
/did/ have ;)

Anyway - thanks for your time again! :)

Regards

Nick.

.--------------------------------------------------------------.
| ONLY THE AMIGA MAKES IT POSSIBLE, It has done so since 1985! |
| ------------------------------------------------------------ |
| Trogladite Software - Nick Lamburn | __ __
| http://trogsoft.high5.net oruk_amigan@btinternet.com | / // /�
| So the world may know..... | / // /
Want to be a Trogladite Software Developer? \ \\ \/ // /
E-Mail me TODAY! \ / // /

Old school buds here: