AmigaActive (1771/2143)

From:Ian Stedman
Date:28 May 2000 at 00:08:44
Subject:Re: Mil Spec was Re: More PS2 Madness

> > Unless you mean that it's one of those new robot kits made by Lego
> > with that sorta flash-rom thingy. Afaik the software to programme it
> > is PC-only, and then you download the programme to the robot's control
> > box.
>
> You would expect toy robots to run on a toy computer. ;-)
;)

In theory it would be possible to get the Lego Mindstorms kits to
work with the Amiga. The download mechanism uses an infra red
adapter for the serial port. For the software, take a look at

http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc

This is the Not Quite C compiler for the Lego Mindstorms
development kits. The C++ source is included and I believe that it
would only need a class for the Amiga's serial port to make it work.
I am not a C++ programmer :()

Does anyone on this list have a Mindstorms kit and want to try
this?

Does anyone think this mindstorms would be good enough for a
Robot Wars entry?
I have seen a working model of an aircraft flight control system
done with it so I guess anything is possible.

Bye,

Ian
Sent by Ian Stedman
E-Mail Ian.Stedman@zoom.co.uk