AmigaActive (1739/2143)

From:Richard Lane
Date:27 May 2000 at 13:34:14
Subject:Re: AGA and Iiyama monitor

Hello Simon

On 26-May-00, Simon Preston wrote:

>> If only life was that easy. I'm afraid there's things like the mortgage,
>> electric bills etc. that have to be paid. :)
>
> Then go without Beer, Lager, Ciggies, mags and any other disgusting habits
> you may have. :)

hah, not a chance. :)

>> I can get the the Multiscan and VGA modes working, but they're tha same
>> resolution and flicker. The only higher mode I can get is 640x960 which
>> not only looks daft but flickers like mad.
>
> 640x480 flickers? Shouldn't do. I thought you had a flixer anyway?

Nope, 640x480 NTSC is 100% rock steady, PAL modes at least to my eye's does
sufer slightly from flicker, though it's no where near the horrible flicker
that you get on an ol' Commodore 1084s.

>> I was hoping using some of the
>> modes like DoublePal etc. That I'd be able to get something like 800x600
>> but it doesn't look like it's possible.
>
> You *know* whats coming next don't you? :)

A couple of hundred quid would be helpful. :)

> 800x600 using AGA? Please, don't strain it. I managed to grab a Retina Z2
> card for 35 UKP. Yeah, the softwares slow and for some reason Cybergraphics
> and Piccaso 96 don't support it but its made my A1500 far nicer. Nice 16-bit
> 800x600. Better than my A1200T's managing at the mo' :(

The card's not the problem. As I have an A1200 (three actually) I'd also need
to buy the busboard, tower and the various other small bits as well.

Best Regards, Richard Lane -

amiga@redhotant.com

richard@magnumopus.co.uk

Author: AmiNET - biz/dopus/Magnum_Opus31a.lha