AmigaActive (1737/2143)

From:Richard Lane
Date:27 May 2000 at 14:47:02
Subject:Re: Tempted by Photogenics V4.x

Hello Adam

On 26-May-00, Adam Eccleshall wrote:

>> I should be OK then as I have a 060/50, sadly no GFX card....yet.
>
> Lack of a GFX card could be a problem, unless it works with FBlit
> or something like that, or if you're only working with small
> files- I had difficulty doing anyting with v2 when I first got my
> A1200 as I kept running out of Chip RAM.

Can't say I've really had any problems with V2 and chip mem. Any image loaded
that I'm not using I hide on the toolbar.

>>> Some of the effects are very cool- I particularly like the burn
>>> through effect (more fire :)).
>> You have a thing about fire? :)
>
> "I'm a fire starter..."

:)

>> Please tell me the Cloner mode
>> is still there, it's one of my favorites.
>
> There is a clone mode.

Great for painting IBM compatibles. :)

Good to hear that's still in there. I remember being totally blown away when
this feature was demonstrated at the WOA (can't remember which year, 94
iirc), watching Jolyon Ralph make a bridge dissapear was impressive. I bought
version 1.0 straight away..

What ever happend to Jolyon Ralph after Almathera went bust?

Best Regards, Richard Lane -

amiga@redhotant.com

richard@magnumopus.co.uk

Author: AmiNET - biz/dopus/Magnum_Opus31a.lha