AmigaActive (1728/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:27 May 2000 at 00:08:10
Subject:Re: CD-R Audio

Duncan Gibb said,

> On 26-May-00, Neil Bothwick wrote:

WvC>> my teac SCSI drive burns EVERYTHING at 8X... yeah baby!

NB>> MakeCD {..} converts MP3s to CDDA on the fly too.

> Would be a bit audacious to do that at 8x-speed, don't you think?

I've done it!

My system reads and decodes MP3s at 6.7X. Since the burner can pause
between tracks, MakeCD is quite capable of burning MP3s direct with the
write speed set to 8X, provided you have a reasonable buffer size. 15MB
should be more than adequate for most tracks, which is substantially
less than I need for burning AACDs at 8X on the fly.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

If at first you don't succeed, you're about normal.

Remember the good 'ol days