AmigaActive (1698/2143)

From:Don Cox
Date:25 May 2000 at 23:44:43
Subject:Re: A few old Amiga games...

On 25-May-00, Kevin Twyman wrote:

> I imagine I could replace the HD with a DD drive for booting purposes,
> should the drive die,
Yes. Maybe better get one from Tim now?

and use the catweasel controlled HD for
> everything else. I take it the catweasel allows reading of DD disks as
> well as HDs?

Yes, and Mac DD disks, and 5 1/4 disks (if you have a drive). And PC
disks (with CrossDOS).

I was intending to lend them a 3 inch drive so they could get Amstrad
disks working too, but never got around to it. I expect 8 inch drives
would work too - the ribbon cables have more pins but the connections
are the same.

Regards

Don Cox
doncox@enterprise.net