AmigaActive (1561/2143)

From:Clyde Hannan
Date:24 May 2000 at 11:25:27
Subject:Alive and Elite3

Erm, I am a bit confused by Alive Mediasoft claiming to be porting Elite3.

According to the Frontier Developments web site, they are going to be uploading
the games in a month or so to their "Elite Club" as shareware. And that they are
going to also upload the source code (from the PC versions I assume).

So does this mean that Alive currently have access to the source code (before
anyone else) or that they are going to access it along with the rest of the
world when it becomes available?

And, are they just going to bung their Amiga conversion in an original PC
version's box (like Doom)?
Or just sell the disk?
And are they actually legally allowed to sell it seeing that it is going to be
sold as shareware from Frontier Developments?

Basically, are Alive full of bollocks or not?

Remember the good 'ol days