AmigaActive (1539/2143)

From:Marco Saupe
Date:23 May 2000 at 20:50:54
Subject:Re: 4Q + D = E

Hello Adam

The subject is "[amigactive] 4Q + D = E" and you wrote:

> In the article on the DevBox, was Elate running on the announced
> spec machine (500MHz K6-2), or was it on some super machine? The
> only reason I ask is the 4 instances of Quake and 1 Doom on the
> same screen- I would have thought that that would take a slightly
> (?) faster machine...

On my K6-2 500 (128MB) 4 instances of Winquake at the same time
(window mode, 320x256) run at 12 fps each (none of the Quake windows
is selected). When running 3 instances of GLQuake (window mode,
640x480, no Quake window is selected) the first two get 20 fps, the
third 10fps (with Riva TNT2 Pro, everything on a 800x600x32 desktop).

As I hope the Developer Environment/Elate/whatever has better
multitasking than Windows it sounds possible.

Bye!

Marco Saupe - msaupe@saale-net.de -- Marco.Saupe@in.stud.tu-ilmenau.de
-------- Homepage @ http://www.saale-net.de/homepages/m.saupe ---------
--- Amiga User ---- Amiga Zentrum Thueringen - http://www.azt-ev.de ---

10 days and 18 messages later, "Oh I understand now"

Remember the good 'ol days