AmigaActive (1491/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:22 May 2000 at 00:33:35
Subject:Re: PICT files

Hello Neil,

On 21-May-00, you wrote:

>> I hadn't thought of video grabs. My KodakDC210 outputs EXIF files,
>> I didn't know if they were peculiar to Kodak or not.

> EXIF is a standard JPEG format, an extension of the more usual JFIF.
> It contains extra information, such as camera settings, that is
> ignored by normal JFIF loaders.

I'd noticed that the date time and picture number is stored in the
file, I've used it as a reference from time to time, but I didn't
realise it was a standard format. I still have some (old) viewers that
baulk at the EXIF, and don't recognise them.

Thanks for the info,

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

I just LOVE it when you type QWERTY

Save 75% on Products!
Find incredible deals on overstocked items with Free shipping!