AmigaActive (1487/2143)

From:Matthew Clarke
Date:22 May 2000 at 20:05:01
Subject:Re: The Lost Cat

--- In amigactive@egroups.com, "Neil Bothwick" <neil@w...> wrote:
> Neil Ives said,
>
> > I managed to get it started after assigning both the AACD
> > and 'The Lost Cat' directory. It crashes every time at the
animation of the
> > old ladys feet coming down the stairs.
>
> The anim ran fine from the original CD. I discovered the problem of
> crashing when run form the AACD at the last minute. Apparently, the
> Scala player just bombs out if the paths in its script aren't
present,
> instead of putting up a system requester.
>
> As mentioned last month, the fix mistakenly included as assign to
> "AAHD:" instead of "AACD08:" (AAHD is the name of the HD partition
the
> CDs are built from). If you assign AAHD to AACD08 before running the
> anim, ideally when you get the please insert AAHD requester when
> running welcome, the anim should run.
>
> > I guess that my 040/40 machine just
> > doesn't have enough memory (32Mb).
>
> The machine I tested it on had over 100MB free, so the mid-anim
crash
> may be memory related.
It works fine for me on an 040/28 with 16Mb RAM on a 14" portable and
no gfx card. It sounds like you just need to close down a few of your
other apps (- someone's already mentioned this, haven't they?).
Regards,
Matt.

High rates giving you headaches? The 0% APR Introductory Rate from
Capital One. 9.9% Fixed thereafter!