AmigaActive (1480/2143)

From:Neil Boothman
Date:22 May 2000 at 15:21:11
Subject:Atari 2600

Hi Kevin,

On 20-May-00, Kevin Twyman wrote:

> I have got an Atari console, though, was it the 2600? I have one of
> the first "wood effect" ones, with loads of cartridges and all the
> controllers. Great at the time :)

Excellent - I've got one too, with the Bakelite wood effect casing like yours.
:) Funny thing is, I still use mine for the odd game of Warlords, Defender,
Berzerk, Combat, etc. It sits alongside my PlayStation, and hooked up to my
32" widescreen TV and surround sound amp it still makes for a decent
gameplaying experience in my opinion.

I'm kind of new around these parts, but I was on FidoNet for a while, and I'm
sure I recognise your name from AMIGA_UK. I haven't been on Fido for ages now
- is the echo still going strong?

Regards,

Neil.