AmigaActive (1462/2143)

From:Don Cox
Date:22 May 2000 at 08:31:20
Subject:Re: Scanning Colour Slides

On 22-May-00, Dale Hemenway wrote:

> Very useful to know. However, as I intend to scan a few hundred slides
> it is obviously going to be cost effective for me to purchase the
> Epson scanner and slide hood.

If you're doing that many, you should seriously consider having PhotoCDs
made. The scan quality is better than you will get at home, and you will
find scanning hundreds of slides agonizingly boring.

Or, if you don't want PhotoCD, think about a proper slide scanner
(ScanQuix supports a Canon one). It is likely to have a higher real
resolution than a general-purpose A4 scanner.

For best results from PhotoCD, use AsimCDFS, as it converts
transparently to IFF.

Regards

Don Cox
doncox@enterprise.net