AmigaActive (1430/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:21 May 2000 at 10:42:45
Subject:Re: The Lost Cat

Neil Ives said,

> I managed to get it started after assigning both the AACD
> and 'The Lost Cat' directory. It crashes every time at the animation of the
> old ladys feet coming down the stairs.

The anim ran fine from the original CD. I discovered the problem of
crashing when run form the AACD at the last minute. Apparently, the
Scala player just bombs out if the paths in its script aren't present,
instead of putting up a system requester.

As mentioned last month, the fix mistakenly included as assign to
"AAHD:" instead of "AACD08:" (AAHD is the name of the HD partition the
CDs are built from). If you assign AAHD to AACD08 before running the
anim, ideally when you get the please insert AAHD requester when
running welcome, the anim should run.

> I guess that my 040/40 machine just
> doesn't have enough memory (32Mb).

The machine I tested it on had over 100MB free, so the mid-anim crash
may be memory related.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

Top Oxymorons Number 40: Same difference

Save 75% on Products!
Find incredible deals on overstocked items with Free shipping!