AmigaActive (1330/2143)

From:Andrew Gillen
Date:18 May 2000 at 22:18:58
Subject:Re: samba

Hi Kyle,

> > > If I use port 901 to 'browse' the settings it says that nmbd is not
> running,
> > > so I click on start and it still says it's not running. I've also tried
> > > starting it from the shell with a large stack set but it still doesn't
> work.
> >
> > You mean you've got SWAT working? Heh, I can't get that going :)
>
> Yes, ironically, that was one of the first things that worked. I was
> actually impressed at that point.

Unfortunately (or should that be fortunately) I didn't encounter the same
problems as you sorry can't offer andy advice. Sorry :/ I followed the tute
pretty much exactly - the only difference was that I used Miami. One quirk is
it won't let me access the CD and DVD drive on the PC without a password but
I can't find what the password actually is! I probably haven't looked hard
enough - only given a cursory glance at the settings on swat.

Bye now,

Andrew Gillen
andy@pudding.net

IT Professionals: Match your unique skills with the best IT projects at