AmigaActive (1285/2143)

From:Richard Lane
Date:18 May 2000 at 01:23:05
Subject:Re: Scandoubler/Flickerfixers

Hello Robert

On 17-May-00, Robert Wilson wrote:

> Anyone advise me of the difference between these ?
> & do I need the FF ? (I mainly use it for OctaMED & the odd game)
> My setup is listed below.

Get the one with the flicker fixer, or the flickering will drive you nuts. I
got the external one from Power Computing (£70) works fine. I use NTSC Hi-Res
Laced and it's rock steady, PAL modes tend to flicker still a bit. BTW a
recommded monitor is the 17" Iiyama SJ700, I got this the other week and it's
razor sharp.

Best Regards, Richard Lane -

amiga@redhotant.com

richard@magnumopus.co.uk

Author: AmiNET - biz/dopus/Magnum_Opus31a.lha
Web site - http://www.magnumopus.co.uk

Be not deceived by the appearance of things...

Great savings and lots more -- beMANY!