AmigaActive (1282/2143)

From:Kyle Miller
Date:17 May 2000 at 23:29:00
Subject:Re: samba

From: Andrew Gillen <andyroo@globalnet.co.uk>

> Just a thanks to your excellent magazine for the tutorial
> on setting up Samba in issue 4. I back ordered the mag
> on Sunday (I think), it arrived today and an hour later
> I've got my Amiga and PC sharing drives quite happily
> at last. I'm fed up with having to ftp files back and forth :)

You mean you actually got it to work?

I've set and reset everything up so many times I've lost count. My problem
is that nmbd doesn't seem to want to run. If there is any attempt by the PC
to use samba, the Genesis log just fills up with 'nmbd exited with return
code 01' messages.

If I use port 901 to 'browse' the settings it says that nmbd is not running,
so I click on start and it still says it's not running. I've also tried
starting it from the shell with a large stack set but it still doesn't work.

I don't suppose you came across this problem did you?

Dr. Kyle Miller
/*If you can read this, it's not too late for you*/

Up to 60% OFF food!
Buy Now and Shipping is Free.