AmigaActive (1271/2143)

From:Robin Hueskes
Date:17 May 2000 at 20:08:14
Subject:Re: ArtEffect and loading pictures to start with...

Hello Sam

On 17-Mai-00, you wrote:

> Right then following on from my original question about ArtEffect and bits.
> I have made a script and saved it (as a script) containing the following:
>
> /* err, script to load a picture into ArtEffect on startup*/
> parse arg pic
> if ~show('P','ArtEffect') then address command 'Run >NIL: <snip continues
>> Programs:ArtEffect/ArtEffect'
> waitforport ArtEffect
> address 'ArtEffect' 'loadpic' pic

I hate DOPUS but I think you should give AE more time to start ...
waitforport is waiting just for some secs ... so add a little
wait stat in front of waitforport ... count the seconds needed
to start AE from a doubleclick then add about this time ...

Regards

robinh@knuut.de
Robin Hueskes The Community makes it happen ...

VIZ Top Tip #399: Eat whilst watching TV without having to take your eyes
of the screen for a second. Simply cover your plate with tin foil and wire
it up to your fork with a battery and bell. If the fork touches an area of
plate with no food on it, the bell will sound and you can simply try again.

http://www.amiganiac.de