AmigaActive (1255/2143)

From:Michael Carter
Date:17 May 2000 at 16:31:01
Subject:RE: SCSI -> IDE

really? :-/ hmm, is that not only when it is being accessed?

>So if you already have Ultra SCSI-2 devices and love the fact
>that it is
>blisteringly fast, then forget about this idea, but if all you
>want it big
>disk at a cheap price, then fair enough.

Hmm, without checking I think the interface comes with some cache on the
adapter - theres a lot of electronics on it. maybe it helps to speed it up?
maybe not to top SCSI speeds but better than on IDE?

Just guessing ... i'm no hardware expert.

>But the speed is the whole point of SCSI...
>
>My 040/25 A4000T with SCSI-2 HDDs seems faster than my 060/50
>A4000D with IDE
>- purely because of the SCSI.

you own TWO A4000?!? Lucky swine....

- M!ke C.

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
experiments.