AmigaActive (1208/2143)

From:alansheriff
Date:16 May 2000 at 13:54:24
Subject:Validation Problems

Hi,

my wife, (you gotta love `em), in her infinite wisdom, switched off the
Amiga, straight after quitting Genesis & Microdot, but before waiting
for the disk activity to finish.
Now when I try to run Genesis, Voyager etc. I get the message `Volume
Internet is not validated, retry/cancel`. Retrying does nothing, but
bring back the requestor, whilst canceling allows the program to load,
but usually ends up crashing the computer or bringing up an `illegal
activity- reboot/suspend` requestor.
I`ve tried using quarterback to sort it but apparently the volume has
no `valid volume bitmap` & then before it finishes checking the drive
quarterback crashes.
Any ideas what I can do about it, that doesn`t involve reformatting a 2
gig partition?

Thanks in anticipation,

Al.