AmigaActive (1190/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:15 May 2000 at 22:50:14
Subject:Re: PFS2 - 3 Upgrade (Long)

Duncan Gibb said,

> On 14-May-00, Neil Bothwick wrote:

NB>> My experience was the opposite. I was unable to copy all the files from
NB>> a PFS formatted ZIP disk to a FFS formatted disk.

> Probably it depends what pfsformat options you use. I specifically asked
> for maximally long filenames (for mastering Linux distros with stupidly long
> rpm names), and plenty of .deldir.

The PFS .deldir doesn't use any space, except for the directory table,
unlike SFS. The space used by deleted files is available to the
filesystem, but only used if no other space is available.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in?

*--- FREE VOICEMAIL FOR YOUR HOME PHONE! ---*
With eVoice Now you can keep in touch with clients, vendors, co-workers,
friends and family ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. Sign Up Today for FREE!