AmigaActive (1181/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:15 May 2000 at 20:55:33
Subject:Re: Scanning Colour Slides

Hello Dale,

I was trying to think why your name sounded familiar. Of course, it's
those marvellous animations you've done, and the material you supplied
for "AnimatED", which impressed me enough to register it, well before
it went freeware :)

On 15-May-00, you wrote:

> avoid it. Strange that a neg scanned in ScanQuix won't reverse
> correctly as I would have thought a neg was a neg and the colours
> should be correct when reversed?

That's exactly what you'd think, but a friend of mine has the photo
adaptor version of GT-7000, which I installed and set up on his Amiga
system for him, and we have never managed to successfully scan colour
negs.

Many calls to the suppliers later, they eventually admitted the
software couldn't do it :/

> I have been using Scala recently to create slideshows of old photos
> with music for family. These have been a big success but now I have

I have done something similar, I only wish that Scala would work on
graphics cards.

> come to the really old stuff which is on these slides. I presume
> that the scanner hood projects an enlarged image of the slide onto
> the surface of the scanner? I may have to have a look in PC World or
> somewhere and see if it's possible to use the Epson one.

The photo adaptor sits on top of the scanner, with the lid right off,
and plugs into the back of it. When you scan, it lights up and the
scanner carriage scans the image pretty much as you surmised.

Off the top of my head (I have the standard version of the GT-7000
myself) I can't remember if the light source on the scanner carriage
is turned off with teh photo adaptor plugged in or not, but if not,
then perhaps, if you could pick up a feed for the light source, you
could use it with your scanner.

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

Heavily armed, easily bored, and off my medication.

CLICK HERE***SPECIAL OFFER***$60 in FREE calls
***SPECIAL OFFER***CLICK HERE