AmigaActive (1170/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:15 May 2000 at 18:56:12
Subject:Re: WooooHoooo! But... ;)

Kevin Twyman said,

> Hello Neil,

>> six of them are in one drive, a CD changer. But they are all mounted
>> as separate drives. The other two are CD-Rs, in different machines.

> Is the CD changer used on a BBS or something?

God no! That would be horrible. Mounting them as separate drives causes
problems if I try to access two discs at once, the thing changes discs
for every block read, or so it seems. The main advantage is having
several CDs quickly available. For instance, I generally have the last
three AACDs loaded. It's also handy for pulling stuff from Aminet CDs. I
can mount the latest six CDs and "download" several files in one batch.

> Mind you, having now installed CacheCDFS, I still can't read a videoCD.

I don't think any of them can, which is why Frogger has its own VideoCD
reading.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?