AmigaActive (1164/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:15 May 2000 at 00:32:04
Subject:Re: PFS2 - 3 Upgrade (Long)

Hello Neil,

On 14-May-00, you wrote:

>> As none of my partitions were over 2GB I used "format" from WB.

> pfsformat must be used for any partitions that pass the 4GB barrier,
> unless you quick format. It's worth using anyway, as it allows you
> to set the filename length and .deldir size.

> You could try adding this line to s:Shell-Startup

I've never really understood shell-startup. I assume it passes
parameters when opening a new shell?

> Alias Format pfsformat fnsize 107 dd 31

Now that little snippet is worth its weight in gold, thanks Neil.

Apart from a shell, would that cause the pfsformat command to
be called from the Workbench menu as well?

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

Use the Force, Luke, Don't give in to the DOS side.

72% off on Name brand Watches!
Come and buy today and get free shipping!