AmigaActive (1113/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:14 May 2000 at 12:49:11
Subject:Re: PFS2 - 3 Upgrade (Long)

Hello Neil,

On 13-May-00, you wrote:

> The way that PFS creates the directory tables when formatting the
> disk accounts in part for the increased speed of directory
> operations, including file deletion.

Is this when using the normal AmigaDOS "format" command, or do you
have to use the PSF specific format command?

As none of my partitions were over 2GB I used "format" from WB.

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

you COULD steal my taglines, but disembowelment by spoon often offends.

Win an iMac computer from The Apples in stereo and other
FREE great stuff at RollingStone.com!