AmigaActive (1071/2143)

From:Samuel Byford
Date:14 May 2000 at 14:00:17
Subject:Re: Ident port

Hello
> Samuel Byford <sam@biffordyoungest.u-net.com> wrote:
>
>> So - question is, whats the Ident port and how do I close it??

<snip nice extensive explanation>

Thanks for that. I hadnt realised that this was exactly the same as what was being talked about on the Netconnect list (IDENTD was talked about)

However - your explanation was a lot more detailed and useful than the ones on there.

> Now that I've said this, I don't want anyone coming on IRC with "root" as
> their user name, capishe? :)

Fear not - ever since my first week, trying to log onto beyondirc, and getting told by one and all to not log on as Root, I added my own Ident to the list and have used that ever since, which must be, ohhhh, a good 2 and a half years now (doesnt time fly!).

Im still wondering as to whether the two bad crashes I had yesturday (and have had in the past) are to do with hackers, but I suppose there isnt an easy way of finding out. It was probably memory trying to be overwriten or something daft like that....

TTFN
Biffy.

Bifford the Youngest
(Sam Byford)