AmigaActive (1048/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:13 May 2000 at 22:05:47
Subject:Re: RedHotAnt (was: 0800)

Stephen Harris said,

>> Tsk. How am I supposed to download a 650MB CD image if I get cut off
> after
>> three hours?

> Errrrrr - GoFetch
> It's on the AA CD's. It allows you to resume a download, so when you get
> disconnected just re-conect and Resume the download :-)))

I've found Charon to be a lot better. It's more stable and the CPs
throttling is very useful as I can now FTP and browse at the same time,
without the FTP saturating the link.

>> I could do it at work ;-)

> If you must - but how do you get it home?

It's a CD image, surely you can work it out...

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

Custer was fitted for an Arrow shirt.

Buy and sell used, rare and vintage gear at the Web's best
music gear auction. Register to enter the weekly gear giveaway!